Craft/Time Point Proposal & Discussion

Erekose13

Explorer
As far as I can tell its far worse in LEW. If 1CP = 10gp and non-magical crafting nets you 16.7% profit. You start with 150CP, as a wizard or psion you gain 500 for the Scribe Scroll/Stone and can then take talented crafter. Starting with 1150CP = 1917gp if you blow it all right at the beginning. Thats much worse than above.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ferrix said:
That's why I specifically mentioned the craft skill not the craft day system.

I'm fine with the Craft Day system, but because I'm taking basic ownership of it, I can't vote on it.
Right. The person who said he refuses to vote in the Craft Day system due to the Craft skill changes down the road was actually not you but Bront, IIRC.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Right. The person who said he refuses to vote in the Craft Day system due to the Craft skill changes down the road was actually not you but Bront, IIRC.
I simply said that non-magical crafting needed to be addressed.

My suggestion, that will sorta help, without breaking things is this.

Non-magical crafting of weapons and armor happens at 1 GP per Craft Bonus per day.

This means you could craft a masterwork longsword in 30 days for the masterwork, and another 2 days for the other part, as opposed to 53 days for masterwork and 5 days for the other part (assuming a minemum for crafting masterwork with a take 10). It's still hard enough to do that you're not going to have everyone crafting the realy cool stuff, it's simpler to keep track of, and it makes the craft times of reasonable items (Masterwork non-magical stuff) more reasonable.

Rystil Arden

First Post
What we can do is say that you get a full day of crafting as per the Craft skill for each craft day and then make a separate proposal later (after we get this one out ASAP) that has your changes to the Craft skill, for instance.

I don't see why we can't accept this now so people can use it ASAP, so I'm voting YES since Ferrix claims it as his (I thought it was mine and that's why I didn't vote Yes before)

Bront

The man with the probe
I'll throw that thread out there then. I would specify that currently you can take a block of 7 days for the weekly crafting, otherwise you realy hose things.

Doph, forgot to vote. YES

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
This is post the addition of the new judges, so one more vote is needed. I have no problems with it, but someone will need to summarize it in one post for the rules thread.

YES

Erekose13

Explorer
Whats the specific number of days we are starting characters with?

Can you gain CP(?) before being approved?

Can you count the days in the inn prior to the approval of this proposal?

Bront

The man with the probe
Not sure, if it's not in the first post, we need it added there.

No, though I'd allow them being allowed after being submitted for approval. I've seen people sit on non-aproved characters for months.

No

Remove ads