Creating Rock Dragons.

Conaill

First Post
Seems to me some of these rock dragons (espaecially the basalt, granite and slate) should have some additional ability to hide in rocky terrain. Some sort of camouflage perhaps. (With an exception for dwarves of course - they would see right through it.)

Krishnath

First Post
Conaill said:
Seems to me some of these rock dragons (espaecially the basalt, granite and slate) should have some additional ability to hide in rocky terrain. Some sort of camouflage perhaps. (With an exception for dwarves of course - they would see right through it.)
Well just give them hide as a class skill and be done with it. With the rediculous amounts of skills points even a small dragon gets, it should be more than sufficient. :D

Knight_otu: Primary breathweapon damage, skills, and descriptive text. For the breathweapon, it deals half force and half cold, 2d6 per age category perhaps?

Unless anyone thinks otherwise, we'll go with ghost sound.

Conaill

First Post
Krishnath said:
Well just give them hide as a class skill and be done with it. With the rediculous amounts of skills points even a small dragon gets, it should be more than sufficient. :D
I was thinking more along the lines of hiding in plain sight: "Wait a minute, that's not a boulder!"

Heck, why not model it on the Ranger's Camouflage ability. That doesn't really seem overpowered:
SRD said:
Camouflage (Ex): A ranger of 13th level or higher can use the Hide skill in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment.
Seems reasonable... a Basalt, granite or slate dragon should be able to use the Hide skill in rocky terrain even if it doesn't grant cover or concelament.

Conaill

First Post
One more idea, before we get started on the other rock dragons...

You could make a reasonable argument that a Pyrite dragon is a hybrid between an Iron dragon and a Suplhur one. So how about we flesh out the Sulphur one first? That'll give us a pretty solid basis for the Pyrite one: cross between Iron and Sulphur, looks surprisingly much like a Gold, but has a few unique qualities that make it fit in better with the Rock dragons.

Remove ads