Creating Rock Dragons.

Mistah J

First Post
Well.. Bluff seems to be a logical choice, and perhaps Sense Motive to balance it. Or maybe Diplomacy (since it seems to be shaping into a social type Dragon).

On the other hand, perhaps its "trickery" aspect is sufficiently covered by its abilities and we want to take it into a new direction. Maybe Tumble? (I'm thinking of it being a smaller, serpentine like Dragon this way).

Oh, and I'm 100% behind the current decisions... whee! this is fun!

Conaill

First Post
Krishnath said:
Although your idea is an interresting one, the pyrite dragon is not a cross between an iron and a sulphur dragon. :p
Don't see why it couldn't be. After all, Pyrite is FeS, i.e. equal parts iron and sulphur. I'm not saying that they should be biologically related in-game (although there might be some rumors about their origins - perhaps only known to alchemists). But I do think it would be a cool design feature - just like we're using other real-world properties of some of these minerals to design the respective dragons.

Krishnath

First Post
Conaill said:
Don't see why it couldn't be. After all, Pyrite is FeS, i.e. equal parts iron and sulphur. I'm not saying that they should be biologically related in-game (although there might be some rumors about their origins - perhaps only known to alchemists). But I do think it would be a cool design feature - just like we're using other real-world properties of some of these minerals to design the respective dragons.
No.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mistah J said:
Well.. Bluff seems to be a logical choice, and perhaps Sense Motive to balance it. Or maybe Diplomacy (since it seems to be shaping into a social type Dragon).

On the other hand, perhaps its "trickery" aspect is sufficiently covered by its abilities and we want to take it into a new direction. Maybe Tumble? (I'm thinking of it being a smaller, serpentine like Dragon this way).

Oh, and I'm 100% behind the current decisions... whee! this is fun!

Bluff...definitely. Tumble could be cool. Maybe Move Silently for the third?

Diplomacy and Sense Motive are unnecessary, as they are always class skills for true dragons.

Just for future reference, here are the class skills for all true dragons...

Skills: All dragons have skill points equal to (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1) x (Hit Dice + 3). Most dragons purchase the following skills at the maximum ranks possible: Listen, Search, and Spot. The remaining skill points are generally spent on Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Sense Motive, and Use Magic Device at a cost of 1 skill point per rank. All these skills are considered class skills for dragons. (Each dragon has other class skills as well, as noted in the variety descriptions.)

Knight Otu

First Post
Mistah J said:
Or maybe Diplomacy (since it seems to be shaping into a social type Dragon).
As a reminder, Diplomacy and Sense Motive are already class skills for dragons:
SRD said:
Skills: All dragons have skill points equal to (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1) x (Hit Dice + 3). Most dragons purchase the following skills at the maximum ranks possible: Listen, Search, and Spot. The remaining skill points are generally spent on Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Sense Motive, and Use Magic Device at a cost of 1 skill point per rank. All these skills are considered class skills for dragons. (Each dragon has other class skills as well, as noted in the variety descriptions.)

Anyway, Bluff is a given. Hide should be good, too.
The trickery domain also grants Disguise as a class skill apart from those two, but I don't particularly see this as fitting. ;)
Move Silently? Perform :p? Speak Language? Tumble?

Edit: Shade, you're too fast! :lol:

Mistah J

First Post
Shade said:
Diplomacy and Sense Motive are unnecessary, as they are always class skills for true dragons.

Now see, I didn't know that - time to re-read my MM I think!:lol:

If that's the case then I say Bluff, Hide and Move Silently (those two should always come in a pair)

Remove ads