• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - Part I

Thels

First Post
How does spellcasting work underwater? Can we use Verbal components at all, with water breathing? What's the concentration check on Somatic components? Can we talk with waterbreathing?

Or is my char completely clueless about the matter? :p

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: I thought the plan was that Octar, who is heaviest, would secure a rope going through the tunnel so that others could deal with any current more easily.

As for equipment, the only possible trouble is his bowstring, which he'll wrap in oilskin, if I've got it. (Actually thought of this OOC when we were leaving the Hold- that we would need to protect things going underwater- but I forgot to post it. So if you'll allow it....)

Manzanita

First Post
sure, I'll allow it. Generally I figure the PCs would be more on the ball than the players, since they don't have jobs & kids & such to contend with. Meanwhile, I think since spells with verbal components can't be cast during a silence spell, neither could they be cast underwater. Somatic components wouldn't present a problem, I wouldnt' think. I think verbal communication wouldn't be possible underwater even with the spell.

UlyssesX

First Post
Continuing

OODM: OK, Manzanita here, for some reason I've lost my ability to post under my Manzanita ID. Hopefully I can fix that soon, anyway, I hate to see the game stagnate, so let me try again to summarize the plan, and if no one posts to modify, I"ll start the action from there.

Marcus ties the first rope around the oak tree. The six heros stand with most of their gear on. Octar readies himself to descend.

Any spells to cast before action commenses?

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis perfoms a small arcane ritual which leaves him with a shimmering sheen to his skin [Mage Armour]. He smiles to himself at Brioc's words and prepares to cast Featherfall and float down rather than climb.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Nathaniel has no spells appropriate to the situation (considering Mage Armor is not a bard spell in 3.5 -- just now caught that, replaced it with Remove Fear, as in lieu of a spell with similar effect it's at least a spell appropriate to the character.), and instead checks to make sure all of the items he's bringing are indeed properly water-proofed... He utters a brief prayer in the name of Ua before standing behind Brioc, waiting. He brings his sword (well-oiled), his studded leather, and his buckler, all in a bundle of oilskin in case it needs to be dropped to stay alive. The rest he will leave with Mendicus.

Thels

First Post
"It mebbe eas'r, but it'd be shorter, too. If that's well, then lez do." Once the rope's in place, Dhormuin will follow after Octar.

OOC: No spells, they don't last long enough.

Remove ads