Crossed Paths - Part I

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
ooc: I'm gonna be out of town until sunday PM.

IC: "You all right, Dhormium?" asks Octar, feeling sort of silly. After all, the dwarf fell several dozen feet into cold water.

Once reassured of the Dwarf's well-being, Octar continues "So we go in to the water now, yes?" Once the spell has been cast, Octar will hand one end of the rope to a member of the group and continue on with the plan.

Manzanita

First Post
Thels seems temporarily absent.

I'll assume Ehldannis casts his light spell (on what? His helmet?) for Octar. Dhormium casts his water breathing on the party, which will last a little over 3 hours each. Then Octar dissapears beneath the waves. The rest of the party can see the rope coil out, and the light drift down under the water, then fade, pretty suddenly. The rope continue to coil out. Ill email Thommashobbes regarding Octar's fate, then make a post here. ThommasHobbes, please refrain from making any posts for Octar that the others wouldn't know about until when/if they're reunited.

Thels

First Post
Coughing, Dhormuin climbs out of the river. "Robeclimbing surely ain't a place for a dwarf! Neither is swimming for that matter." Dhormuin mutters to himself in dwarven. "Aye, me fine, justabit shak'n."

After patching himself up with Moradin's help (OOC: Spontaneous convert Bull's Strength to Cure Moderate Wounds on self) and casting the waterbreathing scroll, which fortunately is still okay, Dhormuim calms down a little, only to note the sudden disappearance of his light. What could have happened to him down there? "Well, my turn's up.", Dhormuin phrases in dwarven, before switching back to his broken common: "Lessee wut happ'ned to him!"

Making a small prayer and taking a deep breath, Dhormuin grabs the rope and jumps after Octar.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'll put this game on hold until Monday, since Octar is currently the man whose actions count. Assuming he can post soon (or reply to my email, rather), I don't want to play him as an NPC.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ehldannis will take off his neckchain and cast Light on it and then put it around Octar's neck. Hopefully this gives him some flexibility if he needs to hide the light or move away from it.

Manzanita

First Post
Well gang, it looks like the boards may be down for some time. Could everyone post their email here? I'll try to find an alternate venue to continue this. (Suggestions welcome!) I'll keep you posted.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Manzanita said:
Well gang, it looks like the boards may be down for some time. Could everyone post their email here? I'll try to find an alternate venue to continue this. (Suggestions welcome!) I'll keep you posted.
Au contraire, mon fraire! (pardon me if I butchered the French). Two ours after the message was posted, Morrus is some $3,000 in the black. Don't you just love ENworld? :D

Manzanita

First Post
OK, sorry for the long delay. I'll switch the action back to the IC forum, here.

Dhormium pulls himself through the tunnel. In the dark though, he is battered several times against the rocky walls by the strong currents, taking 4 points of dmg. Finally he sees a light ahead, and encounters Octar, still underwater, near a beach. It is difficult for Octar to communicate with him.

Remove ads