Crossed Paths Part V

Velmont

First Post
"My axe looks like made in lead. I hope I won`t be touch again by those creature, or I'll be just unable to carry it."

Tullius walk back into the room, having now the lantern. He looks around at the corpse, and as he sees the glint in the eyes, he approach the light from the orbit to see what make the glint.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar looks at all the other around him and how weak they became after fighting these creatures. He feels that fear is starting to take over him. He shakes his head to stop thinking about it and asks the other.

"Did you see more of those nightmarish creature?"

He thinks to himself "Even if I would want to hunt them down, I don't even know what they looks like. I don't like those creature coming from Pluto realms."

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

"I think we should pull back to the central chamber. There at least, we will have some space between us and the walls. There we can plan out what to do next.

"Dhormium, do you have anything that could restore our strength?"

ooc: just before the attack, Marcus and Tullius were about to start pulling the pendants off the skeletons (or was it smash the skulls in the center - I really need to reread the old ic thread). Manzanita, did we do a detect magic in the room? Do we know if the pendants are magical?

Barak

First Post
Glad to see the last shadow destroyed, even though he didn't get to take a part in it's destruction, Dhormium takes a moment to catch his breath before answering.

"First off, the three shadows I sent away will return, in about a hundred heartbeats, by my estimation. As for the weakness those things inflict, I have been affected as well. All I can do for now is but a temporary salve on it. But come the morrow, I will ask Clangeddin Silverbeard, blessed be His name, for the appropriate prayers. For the moment, however, we must prepare for the return of those who left. Anyone with a weapon capable of touching those abominations, come close to me, and I will do what little I can."

Dhormium then closes his eyes, and starts a slow chant. When he finishes, he looks like his old self.

OOC
Cast Bull's Strenght on myself.

Manzanita

First Post
No detect magic was cast, as I recall, in this room. In the past, detect magic cast on identical looking pendants found elsewhere have not revealed any magic. Tullius approaches the skulls. Inside each eye socket is a large ruby, which glint with bloodlike hues when the light is shined towards them.

Velmont

First Post
"The pendant looks like to value something interesting, but now, those rubies looks like to worth a small fortune. They are a bit creepy, like everything here."

Tullius stand up and look at Dhormium.

"If you are so sure of you. I think I'll wait in the corridor and let you wait those things in the room, as I am helpless as a kid."

Barak

First Post
Dhormium's eyes narrow somewhat, unsure wether or not Tullius' comment is meant to convey a disagreement as to his allocation of rather spare resources.

"One can be sure of little in this here world. But those shadows will return, of that I am rather certain. Those beings have an irrational hate of anything living, and as soon as they can, they will have virtually no choice but to return. And we must be ready. At this point, there is little I can do to restore your strenght anyway. Come the morrow, I will remedy to that."

OOC:
Alright.. While we wait, I want to cast Bull's Strenght on -somebody- (any volunteers?) as well as Protection from Evil on myself. I'll have another spell or two to cast as well, but I need to check on a couple things first. :)

DarkMaster

First Post
"Dhormium's by which way did they left"

Octar will then turns towards the direction indicated by the dwarven priest and ready his bow. Waiting to shoot at the first thing that seems to be alive while the others uses magic on themselves.

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma.

Marcus turns to Brioc.

"We are just an arms length from the walls here, Brioc. Back in the chamber we will have some space, and can better defend ourselves when they return. If we have to fight those shadows, lets pick our ground."

ooc: the chamber Marcus is talking about is the large circular one with the cross drawn in the center. There is a map in one of the early posts. Tullius is probably the better candidate for the Bull's Strength. Marcus, being a fairly ordinary guy to start with and not knowing the crunch, would suggest Tullius take the spell and the scimitar. Of course, if Tullius doesn't want it, you wouldn't have to ask Marcus twice.

Velmont

First Post
OOC:
Dhormium said:
Anyone with a weapon capable of touching those abominations, come close to me, and I will do what little I can
As I don't have a weapon able to touch shadows, Tullius didm't volonteer. now, if someone have a weapon to give him, he'll volonteer.

Remove ads