Crossed Paths Part V

doghead

thotd
Marcus grunts with satisfaction. He scans the way back carefully for any sign of movement.

"Right. Lets get moving."

As he stalks back along the corridors he turns to Tullius.

"Tullius, take Brioc's scimitar and give me the lantern. If Dhromium has any spells of strength left, then you are better off with it than I. I may not be able to hit anything with my sword, but I may be able to distract them enough to give one of you a better shot.

Marcus flashes the roman a grin.

"And don't look so glum. It make me nervous."

"Does anyone have any more spells of light?"

ooc: return to the round chamber, set up in the center, do any last spell casting there. Marcus will fight defensively, using tumble to get himself behind the shadows where possible. Can he still Aid the others even though he can't hurt the shadows?

Velmont

First Post
Tullius gives the lantern to Marcus and grabs the scimitar.

"That suppose to do better good than my gladius? I hopes you're right. And don't be so nervous, Marcus. Those shadows are anutural, but our friends have weapon better than steel."

Tullius start to walk in a defensive position, looking at every shadows around him, analyzing if they are normal or they are the creature.

OOC: Do I still have my two-weapon defence bonus to AC if I have my gladius in my off-hand, even if I attack only with the scimitar?

doghead

thotd
Marcus of the Roma

Marcus snorts with laughter.

"Tullius, it is the fact that you are not twirling your battle axes and leaping headlong into the fight that has me nervous.

"But yes, Brioc's scimitar is no mudane weapon."

Barak

First Post
"Very well Tullius, let me pray over you. And yes, I can make some light. Sometimes I forget that you humans have such a weird vision"

With a grin, Dhormium intones his two prayers.

OOC
Alright, so in addition to Protect From Evil on myself, I'll cast Light on my axe, and Bull's Strenght on Tullius.

Manzanita

First Post
retreat

The group organizes. Brioc's black scimitar is passed to Tullius. Brioc, Marcus and Dhormium lead the way back down the hall, towards the large round room. Octar allows the others to pass and covers the rear with his crossbow. Just as they round the corner to the circular room, Octar hears a click and a scrape, as though stone were being pushed over stone, coming from the direction of the room where the shadows were. The light being ahead of him, he can't see that far down the corridor anymore.

Dhormium at this point has cast his protection from evil and Bull's strength.

Ahead, the others cautiously enter the large room. It is quiet and seems just as they left it. They can't see the ceiling where the sphinx had pulled up the rope upon which they descended.

DarkMaster

First Post
Octar ignoring the others stays focus on the door where he discerned the sound of the stone. He starts to sweat as fear grow as much as his anticipation of facing these creatures of evil. His muscle are tense as he keeps his bow pulled to the maximum waiting for these creatures to be in his line of sight.

DrZombie

First Post
Brioc whispers a prayer to Lugh, concentrating and feeling the warmth of the sun god infusing his body.

(OOC : preparing to cast "produce flame" the moment the shadows enter.)

Velmont

First Post
Tullius is looking around. He stops once in the middle of the room. He looks and listen carefully, but the shadows doesn't seems to show up. As he scan the big room, his eyes come back naturally on the way the group came, and sees that Octar isn't following anymore. Tullius touch Marcus to attract his attention, and silently, show Octar to him.

Barak

First Post
As they wait, Dhormium gets a bit more nervous. Finally, he speaks out.

"While it is true that this room is tactically much better, the shadows might somehow be bound to guard the other room, and might not come in here. If much more time pass, we'll have to go in there while my prayers are still in effect."

Remove ads