Crouching Tiger, Not so Hidden CGI (trailer)

Ryujin

Legend
That's not a one cut fight scene. The editing is good, but there are somewhere from two to four cuts.

If it's not, then they did one hell of a good job at making it look like one. It's how some of my friends in film refer to it, so I defer to their judgement.

If it's not, then they did one hell of a good job at making it look like one. It's how some of my friends in film refer to it, so I defer to their judgement.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. I actually saw it as blatantly chopped. But it's worth noting that "fake one cut scenes" is one of my biggest pet peeves in film (largely started by the complete BS one that Lucas tried to pull off in Episode 3). So I'm probably a bit overly sensitive to it.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
That's not a one cut fight scene. The editing is good, but there are somewhere from two to four cuts.

Huh? Given that everyone involved in the project has stated it was one take (they did originally want hidden cuts, but reimagined the scene as one-cut), I don't know where you're getting that. It was one take. They did a number of stunt double swaps (at least two), but the camera was rolling the entire time.

Mallus

Legend
I'll watch it on Netflix. Looks fun. Arguable, it looks more like a wuxia film than it's predecessor.

Crouching/Hidden was a cool amalgam of "Oscar-bait" and "martial-arts movie". Still more conventional than something like "Ashes of Time", which is what you get when you shoot a wuxia film with a phaser set to "deconstruct".

Crouching/Hidden was a cool amalgam of "Oscar-bait" and "martial-arts movie". Still more conventional than something like "Ashes of Time", which is what you get when you shoot a wuxia film with a phaser set to "deconstruct".

I love Ashes of Time. It is like watching wuxia from inside a gin bottle.

Remove ads