Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

You accompany the prisoners to the Temple of Mystra. Once there, an acolyte takes one look at the two and his eyes widen. He runs inside and comes back to the Temple gate trailing a tall, beautiful darkhaired woman (whom Kosji, Quillia, and Amara, should she go) recognize as Ariel Stareyes.

Ariel takes one look at the two, and her face hardens. “You again,” she says to them. She turns to the rest of you and bows. “I thank you for bringing them. We will take these traitors off your hands now.” She gestures and several Temple Guards come up from inside the Temple and take the two inside. She waves away the bundle of belongings. “Keep them in thanks. I will take the symbols that these two were wearing, however, and anything else they may have had on them with that symbol.”

[OOC: Assuming no one objects….]

You travel back to your respective rooms and fall into a restful sleep. In the morning, those of you whom took Jonathan up on his offer to stay at his inn awake to the delightful smell of fresh bacon and a knock on your door by a serving boy with a tray.

[OOC: Sorry it took me so long to get back, I got swamped after GenCon because I started a new job this past Monday. :)
Everyone go ahead and post any actions from the night before, if any, and what you are doing this morning.]

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: Congrats on the new job!

Shariau sleeps.

On waking he flings open the shutters, and offers his prayers to the morning wind, listening as they dissapear, carried on the wind to Shaundakur.

He then moves, opening the door as the serving boy knocks.

Smiling he takes the tray.

"Shaundakur's blessings on you this morning."

He eats his breakfast, and when finished moves down to the common room. commandeering a table in an out of the way corner, and setting up a small shrine to Shaundakur, arranging all the elements necessary to cast commune. He then waits for the others from the night before to appear.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Ariel Stareyes said:
“I thank you for bringing them. We will take these traitors off your hands now.” She gestures and several Temple Guards come up from inside the Temple and take the two inside. She waves away the bundle of belongings. “Keep them in thanks. I will take the symbols that these two were wearing, however, and anything else they may have had on them with that symbol.”

Durindal bowed low, keeing his wings tucked back and tight. Using the proper honoratives, Durindal said, "We thank you for taking them off of our hands and hope they may yet provide some useful information. If you learn anything of interest, you may leave word at the Inn of Ethereal Pantheon."

With that he gathered the possessions and returned to the inn with the others, still watchful for any allies of the two who came in.

Durindal's sleep was restful . . . though his mind was heavy with the thoughts of the scroll and if any of this was related.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar bows deeply to the priests and priestesses of Mystra as he hands them over.

The next day he'll ride through Waterdeep with Xuxia, chatting with the city folk, learning what he can of the city.

Remove ads