Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus AC: 25 HP: 86

Durindal smiled at Quilla's offer, then looked somewhat apologetic. "I some funds to help at this time, perhaps a hundred and a half. Would that be sufficient for my share of the cost?"

"In the meantime, have we decided to drop these two to the magistrate to deal with, or are there more questions to put to them?"
Durindal asked.

Ghostknight

First Post
I believe there are still more questions to ask, once they are awake. I also wonder if our host can add anything further to what he told us earlier?

Turning to jonathan he gives a bow,

I know you are off to bed, but perhaps before you retire for the night you could tell us what you do know about his holy symbol, you seemed to imply you know more now than you did previously? Also, is there any crime we could actually hand them over to the magistrate for? merely possessing an evil aura is not a crime that is punishable...."

Jonathan shakes his head. "I knew Kain quite a while back... he used to be a priest of Mystra. He now wears one of those, and has turned toward darker methods then he used to contemplate." The innkeep shrugs. "I now relate those symbols with evil... that is all I know of them."

Looking at Durindal, he continues. "Ami's death was fully investigated at the time... the event itself was clouded against divinations. Kyln was deemed innocent of the charge. I am sorry, noble one, but I attacked him falsely - and would do so again. I still believe he was the cause of Ami's murder."

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Well, what are we going to do with him then. Me, I'm happy to toss him into another plane when he wakes up and leave him there. But some of you may have a few philosphical issues with this. Sir Durindal- what do you want to do with him? You would seem the most law abiding amongst us.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Shariau said:
Well, what are we going to do with him then. Me, I'm happy to toss him into another plane when he wakes up and leave him there. But some of you may have a few philosphical issues with this. Sir Durindal - what do you want to do with him? You would seem the most law abiding amongst us.

"You've taken their possessions and the amulets that I sense a strong evil from. If they've broken no laws, then this was just a misunderstanding and they should be on their way. However, I think they may have had more than message delivering in mind for this evening. I wonder why seeing you startled them so much?" Durindal commented.

"If they are still going to be trouble, then I suggest that we deliver them to a trusted nearby temple with the understanding to simply detain them for a few days, in hoping that any plan they had is now ruined, then send them on their way. Perhaps the clerics may obtain better information from them than us." Durindal finished

The two begin to stir, with the one first down opening his eyes first and glancing about. When he realizes he is tied and sees Wigglesnout standing guard over him, he freezes and appears to be content to await your decision.

Ghostknight

First Post
Perhaps you will be a bit more communicative now? Tell me, what is the significance of the joly symbol you wear- it would not appear to be Mystra- her symbols generally are not tarnished.

And maybe you will tell us a bit more about who kain is, and where he can be found?

He turns to Durindal.

Maybe you could go find a nearby willing temple Sir Durindal? I am sure we can make our guests talk with a little bit of persuasion...

He turns to the two tied up men

I amsure I remember some of the more ...creative methods of persuaion used by the lsave masters in Mulhorand

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Shariau said:
Maybe you could go find a nearby willing temple Sir Durindal? I am sure we can make our guests talk with a little bit of persuasion...

Durindal was briefly confused by the request made by Shariau, but then he realized what was going on. "I understand, of course. You don't mind if I stay and hear the confessions first. If they tell us what we wish to know, we won't have to turn them over to the clerics. I'm certain I could find several temples that might be interested in former worshippers of Mystra."

While Durindal wasn't above aiding the bartender, especially when Durindal detected the evil aura on the two cloaked ones, he wasn't ready to allow them to come to further harm at Durindal's expense - or lack of action. Of course, some intimidation and coersion would be alright, assuming the methods were above ground.

Last edited:

"We follow the true Mystra...." The one man started, before Kyln (the man you had been fighting) cut him off with a glance. Kyln looks at Shariau and Durindal. "We do worship Mystra, just not her current church." he clarifies. "And Kain, no doubt, can be found in his manor in Sigil, attempting to avoid the interference of the factions. He is our leader and teacher." He had tugged a bit at the ropes before answering your questions, but seemed to give it up as a bad job. Now, he studies you with narrow eyes.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar nods, absorbing all the information. Sensing that Quillia seems to have a better understanding of what was going on here, Pumbar approaches her and beckons for her to bend over so he can whisper in her ear.

Quillia, so those two are followers of the old Mystra, and they want Jonathan to see Kain for some reason, which maybe has something to do with his murdered wife. But if Jonathan doesn't want to, then I don't think we should force him to see Kain against his will, should we? And... I'm not sure these two have done anything wrong. It was Jonathan, and then us, who started this fight. Maybe we should return their stuff and let them go?

Remove ads