Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus AC: 26 HP: 86

Durindal nodded in understanding of Jonathan's tale. "It is a sad tale, my friend I know you may not want to hear of this, but he seemed to be speak true about not killing your wife. Perhaps he found and pulled the blade out himself. A weak propostion, I assure you. Gladly, those better than I will decide his fate after a thorough investigation. He should be turned over the the magistrate then to be tried and pay for his crimes. The symbol he wears radiates a strong evil - has anyone seen its like?"

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar speaks up. "Umm, Jonathan? What did he mean? Who is asking about you? And why does Kain want to speak with you about her memories? If you want to find Kain, it seems these two fellows here know where he is..."

Last edited:

Jonathan leans heavily on the bar, and seems to age several years. He sighs at looks at Pumbar. "When it comes right down to it, I really don't wish to find Kain - there is little that I could do to make up for Ami's death. As to who is asking about me...." he trails off and shakes his head. "It is late, and you are all most likely very tired. As a thank you, you are welcome to stay here at my Inn free of charge... we can continue this discussion in the morning, if you so wish." He looks to the bound two on the floor. "What shall we do with them?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Shariau oes and picks up the amulet.

He looks at the Avoral

Tell me friend, do you know anything of this? Or of this man Kain? Also, could you please heal this man. It may help in questioning him if he believes that we are not just going to kill him but merely want information.

He then examines the amulet, wandering if he has ever seen its like. He also prayers to Shaundakur, hoping for guidance as to the nature of the objects in front of him.

ooc: Knowledge (religion) 18 and casts detect magic on the amulet and then on the sword- concentrating on each for as long as seems necessary.

Ili'koa checks the bound man for other items, removing any rings, amulets, earrrings, headbands etc that the men are wearing.

Jonathan looks at Durindal. "The only time I have ever seen that amulet is when he was wearing it." He shrugs, gesturing at the fallen man.

The Avoral shakes its head. "I am sorry, I have never heard of this event nor anyone named Kain," it says in a singsong voice, moving forward to lay the small hands at the midpoint of its wings on the fallen Kyln. The man's wounds close, leaving his skin whole.

Shariau contemplates the amulet, but all he can recall is that it has something to do with a rogue group of priests from the faith of Mystra, Goddess of Magic - but that could also be easily deciphered from the insignia of her holy symbol engraved on the front of it. He does recall Quillia mentioning that one of her friends had been attacked by people wearing that symbol, however.

Ili'koa soon has a small pile of items that could possibly be magic off to one side, all of which he removed from the two unconsious men. There is nothing out of the ordinary on either of them - except a scrap of parchment each of them carries with Amara's description on it and the two holy symbols.

[OOC: I will post the results of the Detect Magic later tonight; I am on my way home from work now.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Quillia will indeed mage a few mystical passes over the items, and she will aid Ili'koa in identifying them, if he desires her help.*

"In the morning, given a bit of time, I should be able to identify these more clearly," she offers.

[OOC - Detect magic for now, Spellcraft +24. Swap one of her true strikes for identify in the morning and cast it.

Between the two of you, you discover that of all the items that Ili'koa has pulled off the prisoners, there are several magical and several more mundane.

The holy symbols have a Strong aura of arcane magic about them - the school of Divination. (In your experience, if they are like most holy symbols, they won't yield a function to the Identify as they literally don't have one. However, most holy symbols don't have an aura of arcane magic, either.)

The magic items between the items taken from the two men are:
Mithral Breastplate (Faint Transmutation)
2 Cloaks (Faint Abjuration)
Amulet (Faint Transmutation)
Ring (Faint Abjuration)
Longsword (Moderate Transmutation and Faint Necromancy)
Gloves (Moderate Transmutation)
Periapt (Moderate Transmutation)
Potion of Shield of Faith (+5 bonus) Identified via Spellcraft
Full Plate (Faint Transmutation)
Ring (Faint Abjuration)
3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds Identified via Spellcraft

[OOC: Identify in 3.5 only IDs one item at a time. I will allow you to have it work exactly as per written in the 3.0 PHB, decided upon when cast - but keep in mind that 3.5 allows you to ID every property of 1 magic item, 3.0 only allows you to ID 1 property of 1 item/level.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Quillia will drop all of her first level-spells for the new-fangled identify spell, as well as everything but her acid arrow spells from her second teir of magic, and attempt to identify everything she can, provided she can go shopping in the morning for six more pearls and owl's feathers, and someone wants to help her cover the costs...*

Last edited:

Remove ads