Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"You'll have to forgive us, we're a bit trigger-happy since a friend of ours was attacked by people wearing a symbol like that," Quillia says with a stern glare. "State your message and keep your hands where I can see them. I don't trust you very well at all."

*If he tries to cast a spell or go for a weapon, Quillia will fire.*

[OOC - +13 to attack (1d8+2+1d6 fire/x3/50 ft./P, Heat, +2 flaming pistol)]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus AC: 26 HP: 86

Durindal did not deem it necessary to respond to the cloaked one, instead he looked to determine the worth of the man as Durindal moved to in front of Jonathan. This move was for Jonathan's protection as much as it was for the cloaked one.

OOC: Actions: move to within 5 feet of the cloaked one, in front of Jonathan. Invoke Detect evil prior to moving, concentrating on the area where the cloaked one was. AC is Haste adjusted.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc Yep, Ili'koa is in melee range

Shariau looks at the man, summoning an Avoral to flank him on the side opposite Ili'koa.

We may have been hasty. But since your presence here is obviously unwanted and disruptive to the owner of this fine establishment, perhaps you should be leaving now. Perhaps now is not the time for you to here?

And as my friends here indicate- you would seem to be involved with a group that is perhaps not so friendly towards them...

ooc:Standard Avoral but +4 Str and con from Augment summoning feat, double duration of summoning from extend summoning thaumaturge ability.

Last edited:

Durindal calls upon his divine training as he concentrates on the cloaked one, and sees him as a black blot on the canvas of the tavern.

Kyln watches Durindal move into position with hooded eyes, and doesn’t seem to pay any attention to the glow that starts slowing coalescing into a winged humanoid behind him, nor did he seem to be the least bit concerned when Shariau started casting.
[OOC: Spellcraft DC to identify spell as it is being cast: 15+7=22. Kyln rolled a nat 20.]

Without looking at her, he responds to Quillia, "I hardly expect trust from a complete stranger, and if you are the type to give it out…" he snorts in derision. His eyes flick to Jonathan. "My message: She is asking about you. Kain wishes to speak with you regarding her memories." Hearing Kyln's words, Jonathan leans on the corner of the table, his head bowed as if he was trying to regain his composure.

Looking at Amara, the cloaked one smiles coldly. "I would teach you, milady, but your companions will kill me if I so much as twitch a finger. A pity – you have already completed the most difficult step to learning the method. My name is Kyln, and should you ever desire to look me up, leave a message at the Agnostic Overgod tavern in Sigil."

His gaze slides to Shariau, drifting past Ili’koa as if he were not visible. He raises a questioning eyebrow. "I have delivered my message, and now I desire to leave."

Jonathan straightens suddenly, his face contorted into a mask of anger. "I refuse to tolerate your life any longer!" He moves opposite Durindal around the table in-between he and Kyln, and attacks the tarnished one, but the mace simply bounces off Kyln's armor. Kyln sidesteps to place the Avoral between himself and Jonathan and mutters a phrase under his breath to no obvious effect.
[OOC: Johnathan rolled 7+5=12, miss. Kyln spoke quite a bit and took a 5' step (no AoO), and that's about all he can do in a 6-second round, in my mind. ;)]

OOC:
Ghostknight – I believe it takes a full round to cast a summon spell, unless you have something that lowers it that I missed? :)

Durindal – You are now in square D6. And oh yes, he’s evil. You’ll have to concentrate for another round to get the intensity of the aura. I am assuming you are concentrating on him and not just the general area.

Map update: - Jonathan is now in square B6, the Avoral is forming in square B7, and Kyln made a 5' step (no AoO) and is in square B8.

Anyone else who wishes to take held actions may now do so as well, even though he has not started casting yet.

Revised Initiative (status) [last actions]:
Kosji (unhurt) [hold action]
Amara (unhurt) [hold action]
Durindal (unhurt) [Detect Evil on Kyln, move]
Quillia (unhurt) [hold action]
Xuxia (unhurt) [hold action]
Shariau (unhurt) [start to summon Avoral]
Tarnished One Kyln (slightly hurt) [speech, move]
Jonathan (unhurt) [move, attack]
Ili'koa (unhurt) [hold action]
Pumbar (unhurt) [hold action]
Tarnished One Jakk (hurt; unconscious) [sleep for 1 min]

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Ghostknight – I believe it takes a full round to cast a summon spell, unless you have something that lowers it that I missed? :)

ooc: Yep, the summons is a standard action to cast but the being takes a full round to arrive. Hey, my summoned beings are stringer and stay around longer- they just don't get here any faster :)

Shariau looks at the man, Just leave- evidently you have delivered your message. There is noi further need for you to stay!

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Durindal continued to concentrate on the Detect Evil focusing on the cloaked one, and moved to beside Jonathan.

"Now is not the time, good sir," Durindal said to Jonathan, "What is it that this one has done?"

OOC: Actions: move to beside Jonathan. Continue to concentrate on Detect evil, charge divine might (free action). AC is Haste adjusted.

Durindal said:
"Now is not the time, good sir," Durindal said to Jonathan, "What is it that this one has done?"

"He killed my wife," Jonathan says grimly. "He can't be allowed to get away..."

"Nonsense," Kyln snorts. "I did not. This man is obviously upset." He seems to be telling the truth.

Shariau said:
"Just leave- evidently you have delivered your message. There is no further need for you to stay!"
"Agreed." Kyln's sudden agreement seems to take some people by surprise, including Jonathan. He carefully walks over to where his companion is still asleep and checks his pulse before picking him up in an over-the-shoulder carry. He starts to head for the door, not saying another word.

[OOC: All - If no one stops him with a held action, he will be out the door next round.]

[OOC: Durindal -
He has a Moderate evil aura. However, the tarnished Holy symbol about his neck has a Strong evil aura.
]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Durindal paused for a moment, listening to the man's words and what Jonathan had told him. He thought of the teachings of Tempus . . . about allowing enemies to walk away unscathed. As his mind returned to his spell, the man was already on his way out the door.

Durindal muttered, "Evil, strong evil."

In two great leaps Durindal unfurled his wings charging at the black cloaked one. If he reached him before the man got through the door, Durindal swung with all of his might. Otherwise, Durindal will pursue through the door . . .

OOC: Move and attack, using his Smite Evil for the day, and power attacking for 3: Spiked Chain +20 [+15 base +8 Smite -3 Power attack], 2d4 + 31 piercing damage [+5 Str x 2, +2 Specialization, +2 enhancement +8 Divine Might +3 Smite Evil +6 Power attack] crit 19-20 x2

Last edited:

Remove ads