Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Ghostknight

First Post
Shariau seeing an opportunity to persuade Durinadal to his side shouts out

"Ili'koa- stop him!", at the same time he indicates to the avoral to attack the man. He then starts his own casting, calling on Shaundakur to stop the man with his whirling blades of harrowing!

Ili'koa wastes no time, he reaches out, attacking with all his might at the man as he retreats. This is far better than waiting around- and he gives himself in to the feeling of combat...

ooc:Shariau starts casting- placing a blade barrier in front of the man, where it will catch him and his unconscious partner, but leave Durindal and Ili'koa out of its are of effect. Moving in to combat Ili'koa attacks +14 Greatsword dmg 1d10 + 6 crit 19-20/x2 AC22 HP 84

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kosji will try to strike the man, not aiming to injure, but merely trying to inject enough sleep poison to bring him down.

OOC: if possible, five-foot flutter and full attack for two attacks; otherwise, flyby.

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar had been finishing his pie, licking his fingers as he watched the proceedings. He looked a bit bewildered at all the goings on, with the combat starting and stopping in the tavern. Seeing Durindal charge, he springs into action.

*Pumbar moves to protect Quillia as he calls out for Wigglesnout to come into the tavern. Xuxia follows, standing by Pumbar and helping protect Quillia.*

[Pumbar moves to G10, Xuxia to G11. If possible, Wigglesnout comes into the tavern at E10-11/F10-11, blocking Kyln from leaving, and Pumbar and Xuxia will mount Wigglesnout.]

As Durindal starts to move, Wigglesnout charges into the Inn, and Pumbar and Xuxia leap astride him and prepare to block the Tarnished One should he try to leave. As Kyln is moving past Kosji, the dragon flutters away from the wall and stings him twice with his tail, just barely managing to snake it around his armor the second time [AC rolled 14+23=37 and 5+23=28; Dam rolled 3-1=2 and 3-1=2 + poison]. At the same time, Ili'koa moved up and took a slice at Kyln with his greatsword, which skitters off the edge of his armor and cuts deep into his shoulder [AC rolled 14+14=28; Dam rolled 10+6=16]. A barrier of whirling blades pops up in front of the Tarnished One, unfortunately walling him off from Pumbar and Xuxia. Also unfortunately, he doesn't avoid the edge of it in time, taking some damage from the blades [Save rolled an 8, fail; Dam rolled 45]. The Avoral starts to move forward, then stops and looks to Shariau for direction as Kyln finally succumbs to Kosji's poison and drops asleep [Saves rolled an 17 (success on the die) and a 1 (auto failure) on the die].

[OOC: I resolved the actions of those who had held actions first, waiting on next round for those who did not in case circumstances have changed. Everything above just about happened simultaniously. I didn't quite expect him to fail his save this fast, but.... :)]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus AC: 26 HP: 86

Durindal was somewhat surprised by the turn of events. Holy power welled up within him, but he calmed himself with a prayer to Tempus, thanking him for his grace. He spun the spiked chain into a wrap again and hung in on his belt.

Durindal smiled at the team of Pumbar, Xuxia and Wigglesnout, especially at the smear of berries still on Pumbar's face from his pie. Durindal reactively checked his own face, somewhat embarassed that he might have been fighting evil with a messy face.

"Now would be as good a time as any for an explanation, Jonathon," Durindal commented.

Ghostknight

First Post
With a thought Shariau dismisses the Blade barrier. Looking at the Avoral he addresses it

I thank you my friend. Please use your True seeing sight to confirm that out foe is as he appears. It appears that the Paladin has identified him as a being of exceptionally evil intent!

Ili'koa, please see if you can find something to bind him with, remove his holy symbol so he cannot use it to pray to his god and make sure his weapon is not near.

Looking at Jonathan he continues

Please, my good landlord, enlighten us as to what this man has done and for whom he works. Sir Durindal is convinced of his evil intent and it may perhaps serve us all well to know what he does!

silentspace

First Post
"Wow, Quillia, your familiar is fast!" Pumbar says once he's finished wiping his face. "I bet you're real proud of him, huh?"

Xuxia whispers in Pumbar's ear, and the halfling blushes as he pulls out a handkerchief and cleans up his berry-smeared face. The three of them stand guard over the fallen ones as Ili'koa binds them.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"They don't call him the Red Arrow Without a Bow for nothing!" Quillia says proudly, before sobering again as she looks at the fallen cleric. Thank you sweetling, you did splendidly, Quillia thinks to Kosji, digging into a pouch for another fresh nectarine.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kosji darts back to Quillia's shoulder, preening as he delicately sections and eats the nectarine. I was just doing my duty. Besides, much easier to interrogate the sleeping than the dead. He then warns everyone They may not sleep for long. Bind them quickly.

The Avoral gazes at the two cloaked ones for a moment before turning to Shariau. "They are as they appear to be," it says in a pleasant voice, flexing its wings. "Simply human."

Jonathan looks at Durindal and Shariau. "There is not much to tell... two years ago, this man," he glares at Kyln, "came to my Inn. He was wearing that holy symbol, but at the time I knew not what it meant. He spoke with my wife, who also worked here, for some time. I watched them as he did not inspire trust in me, but my wife I did trust... and she was a cleric of Lathlander, so I did not consider her to be in too much danger. One early morning, I left to purchase some supplies before breakfast that morning, leaving my wife here to start fixing up the common room. When I returned, she was...." he trailed off, obviously having a hard time describing it. "She was dead, a blade thrust through her chest, and he stood above her, his hands upon the hilt."

Ili'koa recalls he has some rope in his pack, as does Shariau; he uses those to bind the two men. He removes the swordbelt and holy symbol from both men, placing them upon a nearby table.

Jonathan continues as he walks toward the bar to replace his mace in its hiding place. "As for who he works for, it is someone who is unfortunately an old acquaintance of mine who goes by the name of Kain. Where he is to be found - I have not a clue, though I wish I did." His knuckles tighten in the handle of his weapon. "I thank you all, sincerely, for assisting me. I am surprised Kyln was taken down so fast; ones such as he always has escape plans."

Remove ads