• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Ghostknight

First Post
As the newcomers arrive at the table, Ili'koa moves to provide chairs for them.

Shariau stands and greets them

Thank you for joining us. Let me tell you what I have already told these others. Oh, and ask Jessie there for whatever drinks or food you require.

Well, Two nights ago I had a dream sent to me by Shaundalkur in which I was greeted by the sight of a world in slavery. Everyone, everywhere in chains. Conformity and drudgery for generation after generation, no movement, no free will, just eternal slavery for us and our descendants until the end of time.

I then had another dream in which this building, and each of you, was shown to me. I came here and waited for you all to arrive. And now here you are. I believe Shaundalkur has shown each of you to me for a reason. I believe that it is the task of this group to prevent this horrific future. This matter transcends faiths, nations and races it is a matter that affects us all.

I beg you to consider this and listen to what I have said.

Bowing to evryone at the table he sits. Awaiting a response from the people around him.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Amara considers Shariau's words.

"Interesting", she says. "I'm not sure I believe you, but tell me something: in your dream, did you see who was behind the enslaving of this world?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Amara considers Shariau's words.

"Interesting", she says. "I'm not sure I believe you, but tell me something: in your dream, did you see who was behind the enslaving of this world?"

I fully understand your skepticism, after all I am not known to you. However, if you ask these others present they can tell you that but a short while ago I gave a description of you three to them - not very detailed, but how often do you see an elven wome, gnome, and pseudo-dragon together?

As for details - as yet I have none, but I hope that tonight Shaundalkur will give me further guidance, otherwise in the morning I will pray to Shaundalkur and hope that he can answer the questions posed.

ooc: Hmm, I want to cast Comune in the morning if nothing further happens in the night, but don't feel like losign a level over 100xp!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"This seems rather curious... I know there are many that would want to enslave the world for their own selfish, cruel desires, but I could not begin to narrow them down, nor discern why this group is the one to stop it," Quillia comments, her brow furrowed in thought.

The innkeeper intercepts Paladin Tiriak after he speaks with Pumbar and Xuxia, but before he leaves and takes him off to the side to speak with him quietly. After a few moments, he hands the scroll to Tiriak, who then leaves. The innkeep returns to Durindal, and bows. "I assume that you will be staying the night? I will not have a reply until at least then. I would be honored if a holy one of Tempus rested in my humble inn overnight. My name is Jonathan, and I will reserve a room for you if you wish."

Jesse brings drink refills and meals to anyone who orders. It seems to just be a quiet little inn. At an hour to Midnight nothing further has happened except for a brief argument between too men at the bar. The disagreement was swiftly concluded without need of intervention. The barkeep Jonathan declares last call for drinks.

Please post any actions/conversations until that time. :)

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Inn of the Ethereal Pantheon

Durindal ordered a stout ale as he returned to his seat at the table he had just vacated minutes before. He nodded to the newcomers in greeting, not really surprised to see a gnome, an elf, and a small dragon to go with the prior occupants of the table.

“Greetings,” Durindal smiled as he bowed slightly to each of the newcomers, including the dragon. ‘Never a good idea to get on the wrong side of a dragon, regardless of size’, Durindal thought. He continued aloud, “My name is Durindal si’Tempus. I assume you have been told the same story that I just heard minutes ago?”

Jonathan said:
The innkeep returns to Durindal, and bows. "I assume that you will be staying the night? I will not have a reply until at least then. I would be honored if a holy one of Tempus rested in my humble inn overnight. My name is Jonathan, and I will reserve a room for you if you wish."

“I would be honored as well to spend the evening, thank you for your kindness,” Durindal responded. “If you should need assistance throughout the evening, just give me a sign and I will help where I can.”

Durindal added the last bit for many reasons. First, because he was interested in knocking some heads should someone get out of line. Second, he needed to take is mind off of his possible failure. And third, he was interested in the reaction that Jonathan would give him, based on the comment. There was something more there, but Durindal didn't push where people didn't want to go.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Quillia will try to meet all the others at the table, explaining that she is a wizard from Lantan, and the handsome, fierce creature daintily eating strawberries is Kosji, the Red Arrow. She also bows to Durindal, pleased at his manners. So many discount a wizard's familiar.*

"I'm pleased to meet you Sir Durindal, it is always a pleasure to meet such fine upstanding young me. And Sir Pumbar as well! I'm surrounded by paragons of virtue. Wigglesnout is the name that fine boar I saw outside? Wonderful name," Quillia says, beaming. "Xuxia, I'm glad to meet you. The servants of Chauntea are always very welcome. Shariau, perhaps you and I can go over you vision somtime. I'd like to hear about it very much. Ili’koa, I have met some of your people from time to time, but never under these circumstances. I very much look forward to meeting you," Quillia says as she chats to the others.

*She'll chat until fairly late (or people start leaving), then obtain a room for herself and Kosji, sharing it with Amara if she wants to, and go to sleep.*

The evening passes. About two or three hours after he left, Paladin Tiriak returns and speaks with Innkeeper Jonathan momentarily, then hands him the scroll back. After saying goodnight to his brother-in-law, he passes by the table gives a nod and smile to the party, and a small bow to Durindal before leaving the Inn.

Jonathan seems much more relaxed after Tiriak returns the scoll to him, and secrets it behind the bar, humming slightly to himself as he returns to his duties.

Jonathan hands out last call orders to the two men at the bar who wanted them, and the few remaining people in the common room leave. All of you are getting ready to do the same when two men cloaked in heavy black push into the inn and head for the bar. Jonathan smiles and starts to call a greeting when he seems to notice something, and his eyes widen. "Sir Durindal!" He calls as he dives behind the bar and comes up with a mace, "I think I can use your assistance now!"

As everyone turns to look at the newcomers, they pause and one glares at the barkeep, while the other looks around. Seeing your table, he snarls a word to his companion. They both look straight at Amara.

Amara, Quillia, and Kosji recognize the symbol that both are wearing - it is the old symbol of Mystra, once silver but now tarnished and obviously ill-kept.

Initiative order:
Kosji 27 [17 rolled+10]
Amara 22 [20 rolled+2]
Quillia 20 [17 rolled+3] (Tie-breaker: 16 Dex)
Xuxia 20 [18 rolled+2] (Tie-breaker: 14 Dex)
Shariau 20 [19 rolled+1] (Tie-breaker: 12 Dex)
Tarnished One Kyln 17 [17 rolled+0]
Jonathan 15 [12 rolled+3]
Ili'koa 10 [4 rolled+6]
Pumbar 9 [3 rolled+6]
Tarnished One Jakk 4 [3 rolled+1]
[OOC: Honestly, my dice aren't loaded. :)]

So far, no one except Jonathan has drawn his weapon. You are seated around the table, I will let you judge where. :)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kosji leaps from the table, wings flapping madly as he careens towards the two and slashes his tail into their respective chests, before plunging past and perching momentarily on the far wall.

OOC: Great Flyby Attack.

Remove ads