Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Ghostknight

First Post
Shariau sits down to eat his meal. And talking only about minor issues, hoping to diffuse the tension, all the while watching the door for the others from his dream. For his part, Ili'koa does not relinquish his position and continuosly gives Durindal dirty looks - he may question Shariau going forth on his quest, but never a dream so clearly from Shaundalkur!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Durindal ate his pie (if he was in the company of of Pumbar and Xuxia, otherwise he would wait), and listened to the others. He studiously ignored any looks he received. Though Durindal followed Tempus and relished the opportunity to fight, he didn't want anything interfering with his task before he had the opportunity to complete it.

Leaving the Temple of Mystra ~

[OOC: If the three of you have anything else do to in town before dinnertime, please let me know and I will edit this post.]

It is roughly growing close to dinnertime by now, and the three of you head to the Inn whose name keeps tending to pop up. Outside, along with the horses and other mounts tied to the hitching rail, there is a very large boar whom is not tied.

When you enter the inn, it looks to be winding down from the dinner rush. There are only a few tables taken, usually by one or two people - but off to the side of the room there are several tables pushed together with a large party seated at it - one of whom appears to be a human who has wings!

Glancing around, you do not notice anyone wearing the tarnished holy symbol that was described, although several people in the common room are wearing holy symbols of various deities. There is a man dressed in a heavy black cloak (simular to what was described to Amara) seated at the bar. The hood is down and the man looks heavily tanned, and has sandy-brown hair, however, making it unlikely that it is the individual whom was described as having the note delivered to Amara.

As you enter, the barkeep smiles and calls out to you, "Please be seated - someone will be with you shortly." He smiles and heads toward the large party's table.

Inside the Ethereal Pantheon Inn ~

The six of you finish your meal (and pies, for those of you who have them). Pumbar is thanked profusely by those individuals in the inn that he purchased pies for.

The bartender calls out a routine welcome to the newcomers who had just walked in the door, and heads towards the table. Once he arrives, he bows to Durindal. "I am sorry for having made you wait, sir knight. What is it that I can do for you? Would you prefer to speak elsewhere?"

Paladin Tiriak nods at the barkeep in welcome as he comes to the table, then turns and smiles at Pumbar and Xuxia. "I am sorry, but I must take my leave. Duty calls. Thank you for brightening my day - I hope to see you again soon." He smiles again and bows respectively to the two of you. "I will give my regards to Wigglesnout as well - I assume that he is outside?"

Shariau notices the other individuals from his vision walk through the door. Indeed, the elven woman and the gnome with the pseudodragon were the newcomers that the barkeep had welcomed but a moment ago.

Ghostknight

First Post
Brightening as he spots the others from his dream. Turning to the others at the tanle he stands

Shariau's glory, but the others from my dream have just arrived! I will ask them to come and join us.

Looking around he signals for Jessie to come and then addresses him

Jessie, please go and ask the people that just enetered to come and join us - the elvish woman, gnome and pseudi-dragon over there.

Smiling he sits down, hopefully these three will be more receptive!

Amara, Quillia, Kosji ~

As you are still letting your eyes adjust to the inn's lighting and looking for a table, one of the individuals at the large party's table calls over a serving boy and then sends him to the three of you.

He bows. "Greetings, travelers. The holy one of Shaundalkur requests that you join him at his table." He indicates the table that he had just came from.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Inside the Ethereal Pantheon Inn ~

Bartender said:
Once he arrives, he bows to Durindal. "I am sorry for having made you wait, sir knight. What is it that I can do for you? Would you prefer to speak elsewhere?"

"Elsewhere would be fine," Durindal said standing. He looked back at those at the table, mostly Pumbar and Xuxia and said, "I'll be but a few minutes."

Once a more private location was obtained, Durindal explained his reason for being there. "The Temple of Tempus asked that I deliver this message to you, as well as return with a reply. It was meant to be confidential and when I neared the town I noticed that the scroll tube was missing and the message appeared to have been read. I didn't read the message, nor has the message left my possession so I cannot explain how it occurred. I can only inform you that I have quite possibly failed in my task."

With that said, he handed over the scroll tube with the makeshift lid to the proprietor.

Last edited:

Durindal ~

The proprietor of the Ethereal Pantheon leads you to a meeting room off the common room. He takes the scroll-tube, looking askance at the makeshift lid. He nods at your words. "Thank you for telling me of this." He opens the tube and uncurls the scroll, reading it quickly before letting it curl back up and placing it back in the tube.

He taps the scroll-tube thoughfully, brow furrowed. "Thank you. I must... speak with Paladin Tiriak before he leaves. We must speak later - for now, please enjoy my inn. If you will excuse me?" He bows to you and exits the room, approaching where Paladin Tiriak is speaking with Pumbar and Xuxia.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Amara, Quillia, Kosji ~

As you are still letting your eyes adjust to the inn's lighting and looking for a table, one of the individuals at the large party's table calls over a serving boy and then sends him to the three of you.

He bows. "Greetings, travelers. The holy one of Shaundalkur requests that you join him at his table." He indicates the table that he had just came from.
*Quillia sends a though to Kosji.*

It seems more than fate is moving us, dearheart, she comments.

"I thank you for the invitation," Quillia says, looking over at Amara as she rises from the table and walks over to the large group.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Inn of the Ethereal Pantheon

Proprietor said:
"Thank you. I must... speak with Paladin Tiriak before he leaves. We must speak later - for now, please enjoy my inn. If you will excuse me?" He bows to you and exits the room, approaching where Paladin Tiriak is speaking with Pumbar and Xuxia.

Durindal bowed slightly and nodded in understanding. He had been dismissed, and not by just a proprietor of an inn. Durindal was frustrated at apparently failing at his task, yet he could remember no time at which the scroll wasn't on him or in his care.

It was maddening, but he had learned at the temple not to dwell on things you could not control. It had happened and it was in the past - the other thing to do now was admit what happened and move on . . . and he had done that.

'Time for another stout ale,' he thought as he returned to the table.

Remove ads