Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Ghostknight

First Post
Keia said:
“An interesting tale, good sir,” Durindal commented aloud. “More specific information would be helpful, but I understand that this isn’t always possible. I personally would have some interest is seeing this through; however, I am on a quest for Tempus and ordered by my church currently. It may well be several weeks before I could request the time to aid you with your dreams.”

“I may be able to speak with the local temple concerning your plight, perhaps another servant of Tempus would be suitable,”
Durindal offered.

Good sir I understand that you may already have pressing business. but do you think that maybe you need to reprioritse? Tempus is a deity of battle. In an universe of conformity, with no growth, movement or conflict, where will he be? If there is no movement or conflict, there is no battle. With no battle, where is the need for a deity of battle, where would worshippers of tempus be found? If this dream of mine comes true, then it spells doom for many things, and while some may dream of a world without conflict, surely universal slavery would be too high a price to pay?

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar tries to listen to Shariau patiently, but you can see he's getting fidgety. I'm used to people asking me for help, but maybe this guy is a little loony. "Excuse me sir, are you sure it was us you saw in the dream? I mean we just arrived here in..." Just then, Pumbar spots the serving boy who had helped him earlier (by suggesting the Halfling Burrow) and chases after him to give him a pie.

Xuxia clears her throat, a worried look on her face. "The whole world enslaved? This is very serious. Sir Shariau, give us until tomorrow to investigate this matter further. I shall prepare and perform some divinations [Commune]. You are Shaundalkur's priest, no? Have you also sought guidance from your god on this matter?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Inn of the Eternal Pantheon

Shariau said:
“Good sir I understand that you may already have pressing business. but do you think that maybe you need to reprioritize? Tempus is a deity of battle . . .”

Durindal edged away from the table several inches (to better move and be ready for combat), and smiled thinly, “It may be the way of the followers of Shaundalkur to ignore the calling of their deity and re-prioritize as you call it, but it is not the way of Tempus. Was your ‘dream’ so helpful as to tell you ‘when’ the world would be in chains? Are we already late because we stopped for pie?!?”

“I think not . . . .”
Durindal added slowly, looking at his arms and noticing that he had no chains on them. Unconsciously, his wings - though still folded against his back - began to ruffle in irritation (much the way a bird’s will when agitated).

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Shariau watches as Pumbar goes charging off to hand out a pie

Looking at Xuxia he answers her.

I have not yet had a chance to find out more. After having the dream I made haste to get here as fast as possible, to wait for those indicated to appear. That the dreams were from Shaundalkur is clear, there was more there than just night stuff, and the appearance of you three cannot be coincedence, although there were others that have yet to arrive. In the morining I will prepare and consult with Shaundalkur, but I have held off till now to wait for you so that I would not miss the ones I have been led to expect.

With a bow of his head he turns to Durindal

Sir, I did not mean any offense. I merely meant that perhaps you could pray to tempus to get his guidance. No God given quest should ever be lightly abandoned and nor did I mean to infer you should abandon your task in order to fulfill what I have asked. If I have offended you in my eagerness to convince you to join me, I apologise, but again request that you pray to Tempus for giuidance on whether you should join with me or not as this could have severe consequences for all.

Bowing his head he again looks at the people gathered there.

But you three were not the only ones in my dream - in my dream I saw an elven woman with long unbound hair, wearing bright robes, a gnome woman with her hair in a bun, wearing jewel-toned clothing, the gnome accompanied by a pseudodragon wearing a cloak, headband, and some rings. There was a halfling wearing thick hide armor, standing next to a dire boar wearing two saddles. On the other side of the dire boar stood a slender human girl wearing green hide armor, and a winged human wearing a shining breastplate.

So now I have found the winged human, the halfling, and the human girl. I will await the arrival of the elf, gnome and pseudodragon. I wonder if you know whom these might be? If not, i am sure I will recognise them when they arrive here - for surely they will!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Inn of the Eternal Pantheon

Shariau said:
With a bow of his head he turns to Durindal Sir, I did not mean any offense. I merely meant that perhaps you could pray to tempus to get his guidance. No God given quest should ever be lightly abandoned and nor did I mean to infer you should abandon your task in order to fulfill what I have asked. If I have offended you in my eagerness to convince you to join me, I apologize, but again request that you pray to Tempus for guidance on whether you should join with me or not as this could have severe consequences for all.

“Your apology is accepted,” Durindal responded. “I will consider your request. Perhaps in the morning with more information, we may be able to again speak of our priorities.”

Turning to Xuxia, Durindal said, “You are quite wise, that is readily apparent. I would be interested in what you learn as well, my friend.”

Durindal listened to the remainder of Shariau’s comments regarding his dream, and thought over those that he may have passed on the road here or within the city itself.

“I have not seen anyone matching these descriptions, but I would be willing to look through town in order to find them, if it would be of help,” Durindal offered. “After, of course, I have my pie.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Kosji's right, if these people have attacked her they might attack again. Perhaps I might be able to do some divinations to help seek out her attackers, if you desire my help," Quillia says, her face a mask of concern.

Amara, Quillia, Kosji ~

Ariel shakes her head. "It was the temple in general that was attacked, not Miria herself. She simply exhausted herself trying to help. Worry not, she will be fine with a little rest. The attackers..." The priestess looks at the three of you again as if wondering how much to reveal. "They were representatives, you might say, of several dark Gods. At least half of them were clerics, and I suspect more were. The two Tarnished Ones look to have gone to the Mistress of Darkness... and there was an individual that I believe was from the Lord of Shadows... but I cannot be sure, and His priests would not work with those of the Mistress of Darkness, I am sure. The powers of those two Gods are far to close for them to ever agree on working together." She offers you drinks, and will call an acolyte to get yourselves (and herself) one. "The surviving attackers are being tracked as we speak. Worry not, they will be taken care of." She takes a sip of her wine and leans forward in her chair. "The three of you... you saw the priests in the temple here praying, did you not? There has been a vision, and there is some controversy about it. One portion... one portion involved individuals that I think are you. You three need to be somewhere tonight, some building in the city - but I know not where." She shrugs helplessly, and you get the feeling that she is has told you all she knows. "I am truly sorry, but I must get back to what I have to do. There are other temples that must be warned of this threat. I wish I could help you more." She looks genuinely upset that she doesn't have more information and that she is hurrying the three of you.

[OOC: Quillia and Kosji will know that Mistress of Darkness = Shar (goddess of darkness, loss, secrets, all sorts of other nasty stuff, etc) and Lord of Shadows = Mask (god of rogues and shadows). Amara doesn't know who Ariel is referring to.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[OOC: Those in the Ethereal Pantheon Inn - do you do anything else for the hour until the dinner rush is over?]

Last edited:

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
"We understand your situation", Amara says to Ariel. "Thank you for taking the time to speak to us. When you have the chance, tell Mira I will take her up on her offer another time."

After the cleric leaves, Amara will turn to Quillia and Kosji.

"Well, it seems I am fated to go to the Ethereal Pantheon Inn this evening", she says smiling. "Are the two of you still interested in acompanying me?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I... think I know where we have to be. The Ethereal Pantheon Inn. It's come up a couple of times... We'll be there tonight. Thank you Ariel, and do give Miria our best wishes," Quillia says, leaving with Kosji and Amara.

After the cleric leaves, Amara will turn to Quillia and Kosji.

"Well, it seems I am fated to go to the Ethereal Pantheon Inn this evening", she says smiling. "Are the two of you still interested in acompanying me?"
"Of course we're going. I think this is rapidly becoming necessary, if indeed not fated," she says with concern wrinkling her brow.

Remove ads