Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Amara ~
Amara said:
"I need you to describe the one who paid you to deliver the note to my room, and also if you can remember, tell me exactly what he said."
"Umm..." he frowns, hard in thought. "He jus' told me to take this note to milady's room. He gave me six copper for doin' it, an it was jus' a note, so's I didn't see no wrong in it. He was tall, human methinks, with black hair. He wore a dark blue cloak, milady, so I wasn't seeing what he was wearin'. He had a holy symbol-lookin' necklace, tho' - it looked like..." the bell above the door jangled as someone entered the inn. "Well, it looked a little like the one she are wearin', but darker like. 'Twas almost tarnished. Did I do somethin' wrong?" He looks at you worriedly.

If you glance behind you, you will see two female gnomes enter the tavern - one dressed in blue & white cleric's vestments with a holy symbol you don't recognize right away, the other in attire dyed in jewel tones of emerald, topaz, and indigo with ruby embroidery.

Pumbar & Xuxia ~
You realize that although Paladin Tiriak had given you directions to his brother-in-law's inn, he had neglected to relate the inn's name - and you haven't heard of the "Ethereal Pantheon" inn that the winged man spoke of.

Quillia & Kosji ~
Quillia said:
"I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I truly am Miria," Quillia says sympathetically as she steps into the Inn With No Name.
OOC: Oops! Correction - The inn had a sign carved in the likeness of a mage's tower with the words "Wizard Stone Inn" inscribed in the side.

Miria smiles sadly at you. "Thank you - it is appreciated from a fellow sister in the art. It is hard sometimes, but I just have to recall that he is safe in the hands of the Gods now."

The cleric glances about the inn, and heads for a table near to the bar, one of the three tables left empty. It is obviously nearing suppertime, as mouth-watering scents of roasting meat and cooking vegetables float from the kitchen. The common room is comfortably full without yet being crowded, and the murmur of conversation fills the air. Two waitresses are moving about the room, carrying platters of food and mugs of ale. There are a few people sitting at the bar nursing pints, and there is an elven lady wearing vibrant golden robes speaking with the barkeep and a young man who is obviously a blood relative to the barkeep.

Shariau & Ili'koa ~
Your traveling this day is surprisingly easy - the wind is at your back, the sun lights your path but is not overly warm, and the few individuals you meet on the road are friendly but do not hold up your travel. Indeed, the day seems perfect.

Near dusk, when you are looking for a campsite, you come across a small merchant caravan setting up camp in a alcove just off the road. "Hail, traveler!" One of the guards calls. He takes in your appearance, then notices your holy symbol. "Holy one," he bows, "please come and bless our camp and our travel on the morrow."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Shall we sup then, and give a toast to our loved ones? Do you know of anything to recommend in this inn?" Quillia says, slowly heading over to one of the empty tables. She curiously keeps an eye on the elven woman, as the outfit is a little ostentacious for an inn.

Keia said:
Durindal looked around for a guide to the city . . .
There are quite a few people rushing to and fro on what looks to be urgent business (at least by the measure of their stride), and the gate guards are busy handling a disagreement with a caravan that was attempting to enter the city before this set of gates close for the night. There are a few people standing in the square as you are, looking about as if trying to decide which way to go or looking for help. Slightly down the main street that leads from this square, you do notice a group of street urchins lounging about a street corner, once in a while verbally accosting passerby (although you can't quite hear what they are saying, none of the people they have spoken to seem angry). A contigent of roughly 6 guards are also approaching from that direction, appearing to ignore the street urchins and headed towards the mess of traffic at the gate.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Shall we sup then, and give a toast to our loved ones? Do you know of anything to recommend in this inn?" Quillia says, slowly heading over to one of the empty tables. She curiously keeps an eye on the elven woman, as the outfit is a little ostentacious for an inn.
Miria thinks for a moment. "The beef stew is good, and they also have this special vegetable roll that is absolutely surpurb! The cook is a mage, of course, and she can replicate nearly any seasoning you wish - she is just so talented!" She smiles, her sorrow seemingly forgotten for the moment. "They also serve special dishes for most familiars - just request what you want, Red Arrow with No Bow, and they will probably make it for you." She looks back at Quillia. "They also have a full cellar of fine wines from several different races, and it is so fun to try new foods and drinks!" She waves over a waitress and orders the vegetable roll with Kara-Tur seasoning, and a moderate elven wine. The waitress nods and looks at you with a friendly smile, empty platter balanced with one hand.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Amara reasures the boy, "You did nothing wrong." She hands him a gold coin. "Thank you for your answers."

Amara will turn and walk towards the two gnomes. As she approaches she'll say "Excuse me", to gain their attention. Looking at the gnome with the symbol she'll say, "Forgive my curiousity, but that symbol you wear around your neck, what does it represent?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Miria thinks for a moment. "The beef stew is good, and they also have this special vegetable roll that is absolutely surpurb! The cook is a mage, of course, and she can replicate nearly any seasoning you wish - she is just so talented!" She smiles, her sorrow seemingly forgotten for the moment. "They also serve special dishes for most familiars - just request what you want, Red Arrow with No Bow, and they will probably make it for you." She looks back at Quillia. "They also have a full cellar of fine wines from several different races, and it is so fun to try new foods and drinks!" She waves over a waitress and orders the vegetable roll with Kara-Tur seasoning, and a moderate elven wine. The waitress nods and looks at you with a friendly smile, empty platter balanced with one hand.
"I think I'll go with the vegetable roll myself, those sound very excellent. And if they have any Lantanese wine, I wouldn't say no!"

The waitress takes your orders (not even looking surprised at the order from Kosji) and heads towards the bar as the elven woman walks towards the table.

Miria looks up at Amara's question. "This?" She touches her holy symbol and smiles. "Why, this is the symbol of the Lady of Magic, the Goddess Mystra. My chosen Goddess. Would you like to hear of her worship? Please, sit!" She grins widely and leaps up to pull another chair up to the table.

silentspace

First Post
Pumbar scrunches up his face for a moment, a sure sign that he is deep in thought. Then, with a cheerful "Aha! Come on, Xuxia!", Pumbar mounts Wigglesnout. As Xuxia is climbing up after him, Pumbar tells the big human "Wait here, Winged Sir! We'll be right back!"

Pumbar spurs Wigglesnout on, who takes off like a bolt through the crowded city streets [Riding Defensively, Speed 100 ft], using his Halfling Outrider training to easily dodge passersby. He follows the directions given by Paladin Tiriak. Arriving at the inn, Pumbar reads the name of the inn from the sign, before leaping off his mount [Leap from Saddle] to land by the door. Entering the inn, he asks the first serving boy or girl he sees, "Excuse me, do you serve Halfling Berry Pie here?"

Pumbar thanks the waiter before dashing out the door, mounting Wigglesnout, and returning to the strange winged humanoid, the one on a Quest. [Hopefully with both the name of the inn and the answer to whether they serve Halfling Berry Pie there or not!]

People dodge from Wigglesnout's path, in one case nearly diving from the street even though you are certain that Wigglesnout was nowhere near close to hitting him.

The inn's sign is in the shape of a cloud, with the name "Ethereal Pantheon" written on it in script. The startled serving boy cleaning a table near the door shakes his head negatively to your question about Halfling Berry Pie.

After you thank him and start towards the door, he calls after you, "Try at the Halfling's Burrow on Market Street!"

Remove ads