Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

silentspace

First Post
Durindal said:
“My thanks on a swift and accurate journey, young sir,” Durindal commented to the boy. “We may have need to leave to return to another inn in a little while. If you stick around, we would be happy to have you guide us there as well.”

Durindal glanced around, his warrior instincts trying to remain alert, and looked for anyone taking an interest in their arrival.

Pumbar smiles at the Winged Knight. The Winged Knight had seemed a little suspicous of the boy at first, but Pumbar was glad he was warming up to him.

"Wait here guys!" Pumbar goes to the Halfling's Burrow and purchases some pies. He'll purchase a pie for himself and Xuxia, one for Wigglesnout, one for the Winged Knight, one for Paladin Tiriak, one for his brother-in-law, one for the serving boy at the Etherial Pantheon who helped him, three more for the staff at the Etherial Pantheon, and several for the street urchins [How many urchins were there?]. Coming out with a stack of pies, Pumbar says to the boy "Hi, I'm Pumbar, here's a pie for you. I hope you like pie! What's your name?"

With Wigglesnout loaded up with pies, he'll return to the Gate area and distribute some to the rest of the street urchins before heading to the Etherial Pantheon to meet Paladin Tiriak for dinner.

Ghostknight

First Post
It is indeed in the middle of a large city that you confirm as Waterdeep after a quick glance around (and from the scent of the sea). It is a busy morning, and the streets are bustling with traffic. If you look up, you can see that the name of the building from your dream is the Ethereal Pantheon Inn.

Well Ili'koa my friend, it seems my dream has led us here, and pointed out those we should seek out. Let us hope they are inside, or we shall wait until they appear - Just as Shariau did when waiting for a guide to the roads to nowhere

So saying he walks to the doors of the inn, carefully avoiding the traffic and people around him (and ignoring any stares there sudden arrival may have caused), and enters. Looking at those present to see if any from his dream are present.

Durindal ~

Durindal said:
“My thanks on a swift and accurate journey, young sir,” Durindal commented to the boy. “We may have need to leave to return to another inn in a little while. If you stick around, we would be happy to have you guide us there as well.”
The boy gives a gap-toothed grin as the coin vanishes into his clothing. "Thank'ee, milord! I will wait!"

You look around and notice several people paying close attention to both you and Wigglesnout - but then again, a winged man standing near the giant boar is quite a sight. The halfling and human girl are nearly unnoticable beside that sight.

However, you don't believe that anyone is paying you any more sinister attention. With as many people on this street (shopping, haggling, racing to get that final purchase) it is difficult to tell.

Pumbar ~

You remember there being about 7 street urchins, so you purchase a total of 17 pies. Fortunately, there were several made, so you only have to wait 20 minutes for the last few to be done. Emptying the inn's stock of pies, you load them on Wigglesnout and walk back over to the boy.

Pumbar said:
"Hi, I'm Pumbar, here's a pie for you. I hope you like pie! What's your name?"
"It's for me?" The boy practically snatches it out of your hand and greedily starts eating. "Thank'ee!" He mumbles through a mouthful of pie. "S'good." He swallows. "My name is Tuar - who are all those for?" He points at the pile of pies on Wigglesnout.

Shariau ~

There are a few unpleasant looks from individuals whom you just *popped* in front of, but they quickly adjust their course and pass you by. You enter the inn, and glance around. There are only a few people in the common room this early in the morning, but you can smell breakfast cooking (which hopefully indicates that more people will be arriving). Unfortunately, neither the drunken old man sitting in a corner, nor the wealthy-looking human teamster wearing drab robes, nor the elven trader wearing light brown clothing match your memories of the dream.

A man walks out from the kitchen and calls out to you, "Please, have a seat - would you like to order, or can I just get you two a drink?"

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Shariau ~

A man walks out from the kitchen and calls out to you, "Please, have a seat - would you like to order, or can I just get you two a drink?"

Sighing that life is never as easy as it should be Shariau turns to the man.

I will have breakfast. Lots of it. Oh, and bring a mug of mulled ale and a bowl of clean water.

Without waiting for an answer Shariau heads for a table from which he can watch the door to the inn.

Ili'koa turns to the man and gives him a wide grin.I too will have breakfast. Make mine porridge and a steak, very rare. With a low chuckle he takes off his cloak and goes to sit to the side of Shariau, laying his sword in easy reach against the wall next to him.

Really my friend, was there any need to discomfort the poor man like that? This is a resting place for travellers after all and thus within the purview of Shandakur! With a slight shaking of his head Shaundakur divests himself of his sword, hanging it off the back of his chair so he can relax comfortably while waiting for breakfast.

silentspace

First Post
Tuar said:
"It's for me?" The boy practically snatches it out of your hand and greedily starts eating. "Thank'ee!" He mumbles through a mouthful of pie. "S'good." He swallows. "My name is Tuar - who are all those for?" He points at the pile of pies on Wigglesnout.

Pumbar nods gravely. "These are not just ordinary pies! They are the goal of a sacred quest. So they are very special. Plus, they are Halfling Berry Pies! I'm going to give some to your friends, and some more to some other friends."

Leaning in conspiratorially, Pumbar adds "I find that most people like pie."

Shariau ~

The man confirms your orders and heads back into the kitchen. A few moments later, a serving boy comes out with a bowl of clean, cool water and two mugs of mulled ale - apparently it was assumed that Ili'koa would be drinking that as well. "Your meals will be out shortly. Is there anything else we can help you with, Wanderer?" He is very polite, eyeing your holy symbol with something close to reverence and bowing to both of you. "Would you need a guide around the city?"

Pumbar & Durindal ~

The boy is quite happy when he learns that some of the pies are for his friends. He leads the three of you, and Wigglesnout loaded down with pies, back to where you met him. He happily offers to accompany you to the Ethereal Pantheon inn.

When you arrive at the inn, it is very swiftly closing to darkness. The common room is only about half-full, even though it is a only a little past suppertime.

Last edited:

Amara, Quillia, & Kosji ~

Quillia & Kosji can easily find a room for the night at the Wizard's Stone, where Amara is staying and where you are currently eating dinner. The night passes, and in the morning you are ready and in the common room at 11:00, waiting for Miria. However, 11 changes to high noon without any sign of the gnome priestess.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmmm... rather impolite to leave us alone now isn't it? Quillia muses. Kosji, I'm going to wait another half-hour, and if she isn't here, I'm going to leave a message with the barkeeper and go find something to do before we go to the Ethereal Pantheon.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Durindal took a smell of the air near the pies and told Pumbar, "The pies smell quite good. I look forward to eating one when we reach the Ethereal Pantheon."

Durindal made polite conversation with the boy and Pumbar and Xuxia, including the question, "So, what brings the two, I mean three (indicating Wigglesnout) to this city?"

When they arrive at the Inn, Durindal looked around throught the common room, looking for the innkeeper. Since this was where he was to deliver the message, Durindal wanted to get a room in this inn to rest and refresh himself. The road dust hung heavy on his wings.

Remove ads