Cry me a river 3.5E

Simulacrum

First Post
thnx for the kind words!
-
Nah I believe 3.5e will be all sweet and gold and people will change fast. Even the dorkyest goons will change their minds.
Good balance and smoother rules will win fast.
I'm sure a year from now nearly 95% of the gaming comunity will be all 3.5e with no exeption. People will start to speak the ONE language. We will live on top of the tower of babel again, high above the chaos of yesterday!!

EricNoah said:
I think we're going to see a really unique pheonomenon: we're going to see less of a 3.0 vs. 3.5 war (i.e. a camp of folks firmly playing purely one or the other), and instead we'll see a continuum -- some folks sticking pretty religiously to 3.0, some adopting just a few changes, some adopting many but not all, and some adopting all (or, even weirder, some folks in the future joining the D&D hobby only knowing 3.5). Suddenly, "the d20 system" won't be a universal language, it will be a couple of closely related languages.
But is that really unique? With all the d20 stuff in print, it seems we already have a continuum of 3e "dialects" today. And before that, house rules probably had pretty much the same effect as well.

kengar

First Post
Simulacrum said:
C) I hated the way magic weapons dominated the game. It ROCKS to know that this is all over now.

Not to hijack, but what is changing in this regard? The DR issue? Or is there more to it that I haven't seen yet? Just curious.

Simulacrum

First Post
Re: Re: Cry me a river 3.5E

kengar said:

Not to hijack, but what is changing in this regard? The DR issue? Or is there more to it that I haven't seen yet? Just curious.

The game wont be anymore just about how high the + of your weapon is. Now its more clever to invest into special abilitys like holy or into materials like silver....it will change that problem alot.
Think about it. Weapons will have more special abilitys instead just + and some extra damage dice. That works out to the following: Magic items are capped by the maximum money a character can have, and to buy a silvered holy +1 weapon is GODDAMN EXPENSIVE! So you will have to choose what kind of weapon suits you best. its very unlikely someone has more than 2 weapons of that kind.

kengar

First Post
I see your point and I agree. In my head, I lumped that under "the DR issue" but you're right, that will very probably have and effect like you describe.

What concerns me is whether spellcasting will become too powerful by comparison.

Remove ads