• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cthulhu 7th edition

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
Started playing this game recently. Have not played it in 20 years. Had the best time roleplaying that I have ever had in years. Just enjoyed the simplicity and ruthlessness of the game. Makes me want to play runequest again with these rules. (Probaly use the magic rules from magic world).

I am a diehard d&d player. But if anyone want to try a game that emphasizes role playing alot more than the combat oriented games I highly recommend this game. I wish d&d could write adventures as good as the ones I have been playing.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
FYI Chaosium released a new version of Runequest that you may want to take a look at also. A little different than CoC 7th, but still worth it.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
One thing I find interesting is alot of people that complaint about hp and damage is done in d&d are basically describing how they are done in Runequest. And I have no problems with it in d&d. It’s just I like different systems at different times.

Remove ads