(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Welcome to the Temple of Elemental Good!

To facilitate their relocation, Orbius and Lester cast Fly on anyone who doesn't have a means of keeping up with them. Then, they leap into the air (Lester with his rainbow-colored Angelic wings and Orbius with the Airsword) and ascend to a height of several hundred feet. They fly above the mountains and eventually crest the ones which hide the enegmatic Temple of Elemental Good.

The sight is spectacular to anyone who has seen the ToEG in its previous incarnations. However, to those unfamiliar with it, it is definately an interesting work in progress. In the middle of a valley, now several hundred yards wide, stands a large circular rock and iron building, 3 stories high and going on five. This is clearly the main temple area. There is a small, ivory-colored dwelling on the northside of the complex, high atop a mountain, that is definately the Air Temple. To the east lies a large burnt area with a bronze-colored building in the middle: the Fire Temple. To the West, a small man made lake and inconspicous cabin marks the Water Temple. To the South, we see a large cave mouth with the elemental symbol of Earth carved above it. Further South, our heroes can see about ten Earth Elementals of various sizes flattening out a section of the mountain, conceivably making way for new construction. Last, but not least, in the South-Western area is a long hall, with a sign above it in Forinthian, that says: School of Adventure. Several warrior types, instructed by a scholarly looking fellow equipped with blueprints, appear to be adding an adjoining wing.

Followers of Elemental Good are scattered throughout the area, farming, building, worshipping, or just taking a nap in the afternoon sun. Clearly, Lester is not a brutal task master, preferring to let everyone contribue at their own pace.

Lester lands them near the main temple area and whips out a shiny rod and produces a large, flamboyantly Splendid tent for his new friends. Several followers run up to him, are hugged, and the others over hear him say:

"Go find Anvar, if you can. I want our new friends to meet this fine man! Also, don't be afraid of that Slaad over there, whose named Jibber, because he's cool. Just don't count on a focused conversation with him unless you're a fool!"

Several pitchers of ale are produced, along with the requisite mugs, and the beer begins to flow. After a large swallow, Orbius looks at them all and says:

"Welcome to the Temple of Elemental Good. Now that we are all here, please fill us in on why you have all come here and let us see if we can find a way to help each other. Please, tell us your stories . . . "

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
"Well my friend, I'm not too sure why I am here. I was merely investigating the strange going ons in my forest. And found you and Lester. lester seems to think I should check ut your school for adventurers, but that is not how I cast myself. I protect my forest and my flock, both animal and human, in harmony for the good of all. Still, I will see what this school of yours offers before I turn away. Those of good intentions need to work together to defeat the rather over abundant supply of evil in the world!"

Important Life Lessons Never to be Repeated

"Say true, Delga, for without some type of moral compass we shall be drawn into this absurd War of Ethics without thinking about who we are fighting with and what we are fighting for."

The Eye of Bocob looks into his ale and ponders what to say next. He waits to see if Lester has anything to add, but he doesn't since he's too busy trying to get Jibber to sing them a rousing bar room ditty.

"Anyway, per the School of Adventure, Lester would probably want you to be an instructor. He built the school to help others learn from his, uh . . . mistakes. Oh, did I say mistakes? I meant important life lessons that should never be repeated again! So, if you are game, and you needn't decide now, I'm sure we can do a favor or two for you in return. Perhaps you know of something that menaces your flock?"

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
While you chat, Lester's followers bring in a platter of breads, cheese and fruit. Delga notes approvingly that the fruit seems to have come from a well-tended group of trees, properly cared for; they are hearty and robust. Also, one of the cats in the place is rubbing itself against his legs.

The day has slipped to late afternoon, and soon it will be time to retire. Lester's willingness to be hospitable is entirely obvious to the rest of you.

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: How about it Jester? Any particular menaces that I know about?

Absentmindedly Delga reaches down, scratching the cat behind its ear before reaching out to place it in his lap.

"Teach? Never really thought of myself as a teacher. This place is a good idea though, I'll stay for a while at least."

You're Hired!

Lester turns his head back towards Delga and issues a howl of glee.

"Delga, I am so glad you've decided to join us. A School of Adventure to train adventurers we can trust! But, before you can teach, you must learn. You must take us on an adventure so that we can see the powers that you've earned. Sleep on it, rest, and tell me tomorrow. And if you can't come up with some then I'll be overswept with sorrow."

Lester gets up and heads off to his bed in the main temple area and extends an offer for the others to join him.

the Jester

Legend
***OOC: The entire continent of Dorhaus is badly damaged from a century of abuse at the hands of the archvillain Fuligin, and its still largely denuded of population. You know of a powerful artifact called the Mantle of Gaea that one of Lester's old allies, a druid named Rinardo, once wore to help re-seed the plant life. What little their is now is largely due to Rinardo and the Mantle.

You know that Rinardo has been missing for years, and that the Autumn Council- a powerful group of druids concerned with the presence of outsiders on Cydra- has lately been very interested in getting back in touch with him. Since Lester is an old friend of his, perhaps he might know where to find him. If so, Delga could score major druid special brownie points.***

Ghostknight

First Post
Delga watches as Lster goes off, and he follows bemused, wondering where they are going to stable the dinosaur, and find enough meat for him to eat! Still, he has eaten recently so he should keep a while before needing more meat.

An adventure? Hmm, Rinaldo did much to fix the land, and restoration of the land would be a great outcome. And Rinaldo and Lester were once companions. Yes, they want an adventure, let the land benefit, let is find Rinaldo and hi "Mantle of Gaea". I just wonder if we should involve the Autumn council, they are a bit xenophobic....

Remove ads