(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Drakknyte32

First Post
Well it was pretty fun for the short time I could join you, but I'm afraid the ghost can haunt you no more. College does not allow much time for a social life.

For Goodness sake . . .

Lester turns to Delga and smiles.

"If there were only more like you, good druid, our lands would be a better place. Forget Good and we'll vanish without a trace. Say, that bird friend of yours is lookin' mighty fine. And, say, . . . are you the adventurin' kind?."

Meanwhile, . . .

Orbius moves over to the warbling voice, motioning for Keyth to follow, and then moves back to slap a Tounges spell on him.

"Now, come with me but make no sudden moves. For now, . . . we should only try to communicate and observe."

Looking towards the voice, Orbius inquires:

"Welcome to the mountains of Dorhaus my young friend. That is a lovely song you are singing. Perhaps we could see you and make a more formal acquaintence?"

(***OoC - Diplomacy Roll for Orbius - 17 + 4 = 21. Tounges spell will last Keyth 210 minutes.***)

Ghostknight

First Post
Delga scratches his head and looks questioningly at Lester

"Bird friend? Great Jaw is a wonderful example of a mighty, carnivorous dinosaur. Some strange people think that dinosaurs and birds are related, but then they also seem to think that people are related to apes!"

He laughs

"Well, no accounting for some people. But as for adventuring- I have on occassion left the forest to protect it, and will do so again if necessary for the Forest or The Forgotten King (may his memory come to the fore again). Why do you ask?"

ooc: Heh, somehow doubt evolutionary theory would be a factor in fantasy studies- damn, imagine truing to sort out the evolutionary cycle and which were agical evolutionary cycles vs natural!

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
As Orbius moves out of the crack in the side of the mountain he sees an odd sight: a froglike creature that stands erect, with pale pink-white skin. It wears a huge foppish hat and carries some king of cage holding broken bottles.

"Hello!" it croaks in Forinthian. "I come for the show!" Then it does a funny little dance and shakes its glass-cage, making a loud discordant sound.

Haven't I seen you around . . . ?

Orbius looks at Keyth, then back at the creature. My divinations are nearly useless against this creature, rheuminates Orbius. I must know why it is here and what it is likely to do.

"Well, it is a show I am sure we will never forget, my colorful friend! Why, Keyth here was just telling me how interesting your birth was to watch. Orange smoke, strange weather, then BOOM!, here you are. Tell, me Rattler of Glass, why would you leave such a comfy egg to visit our crazy world. Did the Chaos Lord give you a sign?"

Inside the cave, Lester forgets all about Krunch-Krunch and puts his arm around Delga. He pulls his head close so that he can whisper into Delga's ear.

"The Forgotten King will be remembered on this very day. For you have shown us the true path on the Evolutionary way. Now, what you said about adventuring is what I wanted to know. Seriously consider enrolling in my new School of Adventure right now, don't be too slow. But, wait and I'll you all about it after we catch up with the others. And, hey, I'll have Kaerick and Giovanni in on it too if I have my druthers!"
Lester motions for Delga and the others to follow him outside.

the Jester

Legend
The froglike thing cocks its head and gives out a wet burbling laugh. "On no, 'twas not me that you saw hatch from the egg!" It shakes its glass-cage and makes a loud belch, then takes a shuffling, dancing pair of steps. "Oh no! It was the First Aspect of the Bringer!" The thing's throat inflates dramatically for a moment, turning a bright yellow color.

Well, where did he go???

"How interesting!," states Orbius as he glances at Keyth with a questioning look. "Well, you may have not hatched from the egg, but perhaps you could help us find our friend that did come from that egg. And, what about, . . . oh, forgive me for not making a proper introduction. I am Orbius Visionary, Eye of Bocob and friend of Lester. This here is my new friend Keyth. Others will be on their way shortly, I'm sure. Now, back to my questions . . . The First Aspect of the Bringer, you say. How many aspects are there and what is their purpose on Cydra?"

(***OoC - Knowledge either Religion or Arcana roll - 15 +30 = 45. Orbius is searching his mind for any info on The Bringer and his Aspects.)

Meanwhile, . . .

Lester comes out of the cave and looks curiously at the new creature in front of Orbius.

"Say, pal, don't I know you from a past mission of yore? I thought I've seen you tastefully breaking things before. Anyway, there was an orange winged creature here just a minute ago and I've adopted him as my son. Can you help me find him, as we were just starting to have some fun?!?"

"Thank you, Orbius." Keyth responds as he receives the diviner's tongues spell. He's befuddled somewhat by the pink, frog-like creature, which he presumes to be a slaad, but isn't surprised considering the situation. He does a slight bow as Orbius introduces him, but remains silent, trusting the diviner is a veteran dealing with these things. The dimensionalist remains wary however, and should things go awry he prepares to cast Dismissal.

Ghostknight

First Post
Enroll in an Adventurer's school? Hmm, intersting concept, and it may just help in protecting the forests and nature, seems there are more fools meddling with things they shouldn't every day!

Still ruminating, Delga follows Lester outside, followed by Great Jaws; letting the earth Elemental fade away back to his home plane.

Seeing the creature outside he stops short.

What is that thing? Doesn't look natural to me!

the Jester

Legend
With a croaking laugh the creature addresses Lester in Forinthian. "Of course we have met! Croak! I am Jibber!" Again it shakes its glass-cage, making a discordant jangling sound. Then it turns to the others, studying you one by one. When it turns its attention to Delga, it almost ignores him, but it starts "ooh" and "ahh" -ing as it sees Great Jaws.

"It's a biggun!" the whitish-pink slaad-thing giggles. It approaches the dinosaur, whose nostrils flare, and it starts scratching Great Jaws under the chin. Startlingly, the dinosaur starts to croon, tilting its big head back to get more.

Remove ads