(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

What to do next . . .

"Nice work by all," states Orbius. "Now, Keyth, you asked what we should do next? FIND THE HATCHLING BEFORE IT DRAWS ANYMORE ATTENTION FROM THE FORCES OF LAW!!!"

Those familiar with Divination magicks notice Orbius cast a Detect Creature spell.

Meanwhile, Lester seems distracted as he smashes up the remains of the Law-Bot with the help of Delga's elemental.

the Jester

Legend
Orbius' locate creature spell fails to reveal the creature's location.

**OOC: Orbius, make a Spellcraft check. Also, everyone make a Listen check.**

Where'd he go?

Orbius stills his mind as soon as his Locate Creature fails. His senses ring with Piercing Clarity and he reaches out with all of them to find the Hatchling.

(OoC - Listen = 9 + 19 + 3 = 31. Orbius' spellcraft check -
4 + 30 = 34. Orbius will telepathically contact Lester if he can find the Hatchling.)

Meanwhile, . . .

Lester continues to chat with Delga's Earth Elemental . . . this time about its knowledge of rare metals.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc:Listen Check = 24. Angel, if you're talking to the elemental, you need to be snappy, he is only around for 13 rounds.

Dega continues looking around for the hatchling, and keeps half an ear on the conversation between Lester and the elemental.

Lester turns towards Delga, momentarily interrupted from his talk with the Elemental, and says:

"Elemental Earth is always under us and therefore always near. When Krunch-Krunch is gone I can still talk with that stone and I'm sure he'll still hear. Say, my stout Druid, I'm happy to see that you are choosing to assist me and not just sitting on the fence. For the War of Ethics may be about more than NOTHING, I say forever more and forever hence!"

With that, he goes back to talking with Krunch-Krunch the Elemental.

Last edited:

"I'm afraid I'm woefully unprepared for tracking down anything right now with my current spells." Keyth declares. He doesn't worry too much though, for he knows that Orbius is known as a powerful diviner and should be able to find the creature...whatever it was...rather efficiently without his help.

(OOC-Again, will fail a listen check unless I roll a 20 I imagine so I won't bother)

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Orbius frowns as his divinations fail to make any contact with the hatchling. He realizes that certain highly magical and powerful entities have natural protections against such magicks- and in the few moments the hatchling was before you, your divinations slid off it like oil off of water. Even your foresight gave no warning about it.

Everyone who makes DC 12 on their Listen check suddenly hears a warbling, singing voice coming from outside the cave.

***OOC: Anyone who speaks Draconic (and made their Listen check with a 17 or better) can catch bits of the verse:
"...let the day cooo-ome/When the agents of Chaos/Will eat the pluuuu-um/And vanish without a trace..."

Ghostknight

First Post
"Hmm, is that singing I hear? What on earth does it mean?"

Turning to Lester he grins " I didn't help out of conviction whether Law or Chaos is correct. I care not which prevails, as long as the general good is served. I helped because an innocent was being attacked for no reason other than its existence, an evil act regardless of Law or Chaos!"

Remove ads