(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

Reasoning with Chaos

"Jibber, I thought it was you! I'm glad you're here because, without a bard who can tastefully break things, I just don't know what to do! Hey, and its really cool that you are a bard because I certainly am not. I know you have heard a lot of tales so perhaps humor me with a thought. As I asked you before, have you seen my Hatchling son? I just got to meet him and he left before we could have any fun."

Lester flashes his biggest smile ever and pure charisma seems to drip from every inch of his egg-goo covered body.

(***Ooc - Let's see if a 26 charisma can get Jibber to focus on the Hatchling - Diplomacy Roll = 19 + 8 = 27.)

Meanwhile, Orbius stares thoughtfully at Great Jaw and Jibber, observing their strange interaction. He uses his current divinations, such as Arcane Eye, to see if there are any magical processes going on between them.

Ghostknight

First Post
Delga watches as the strange creature pets Great Jaws.

Never thought I'd see the day when somebody scratched him like a dog! Still, no harm is done and he seems to be enjoying it.

the Jester

Legend
Jibber mumbles and snorts as he wanders slowly across the mountain side, glancing from side to side, looking perhaps for signs of the hatchling. "Tsk, tsk," he says, "It seems that he has gone on his way. I hope he finds the others!"

Blinking his huge eyes, the slaad does a strange, jerky dance, then giggles. "There are eight of them, of course," he confides. "When they eat each other they'll get bigger, and when the biggest one comes he'll tear his way out of his skin! Then those other guys will see what's what or I'm not a dog!"

Jibber throws back his head and laughs heartily. "Na'Rat's time is nigh!!!" he screams with remarkable volume.

And when it tears out of its skin . . .

Lester drops to one knee and begins to sob quietly, perhaps due to the loss of his son. He puts an arm around Jibber's waist to hold himself up and to get a little bit of comfort from the bard.

Orbius, accustomed to such strange behaviour by now, continues his inquires with Jibber.

"Well, that is quite something N'rat has planned. Tell me, Jibber, do you think we need to aid the Hatchling in its goal, or is it better to let nature, err . . . chaos, take its course? Also, what do you think will happen when the final Hatchling rips out of its skin? What do you suppose will be the result? Oh, and do you plan on participating in these events, or do you merely want to be a spectator and record the happenings?"

the Jester

Legend
"Oh," Jibber grins, "it's inevitable. Croak! Whether the Bringer of Chaos overwhelms his enemies or not, he will still bring chaos." Again the strange slaad shakes his glass-cage, and then he turns to Great Jaw and goggles at it. "By Na'Rat!" he exclaims, "a dragon!!"

Our honored guest, Jibber!

Lester sobs for another minute or so and then pulls himself together.

Yes, he thinks, this all is inevitable. Yet another potentially destructive force that I've helped bring into Cydra . . . well, at least its out to punish those Law pushing bastards!

He gets up and motions for everyone to follow him back to the Temple of Elemental Good.

Orbius, as if he could read Lester's mind, immediately speaks up.

"Quite right! This has been a harrowing day and I believe we could all use a tall flaggon of ale and a puff, or two, of pipe weed. The events of this afternoon need our consideration before we proceed further. And no, Jibber, Great Jaw is not a dragon. He is, in fact, a dinosaur and I'm surprised that a bard as travelled as yourself hasn't seen one! Anyway, back to the Temple for a beer!"

Ghostknight

First Post
Delga watches the conversation, not able to follow the words. Lester;s strange behaviour takes him by surprise.

Yeah, he has a reputation for random behaviour, but this? He steps closer to Great Jaw when the strange creature starts looking at him, unsure of its intentions.

the Jester

Legend
"Beer!" Jibber seems to agree, and the bunch of you head back to the Temple of Elemental Good. Jibber's attention does not seem to stay fixed for any period of time; he stomps and dances weird little jigs as he goes.

As you descend, you cannot help but notice that the weather seems to have returned to normal in the space of a few short minutes.

(Unless anyone wants to do something else) you reach the ToEG uneventfully.

What strange companions Orbius and Lester have. Keyth muses as he watches the conversation go back and forth between the three. It may seem I am mixed into things way above my head, what, with the Bringers of Na'Rat and all-who knows where my destiny will take me.

The dimensionalist travels on his phantom horse to the ToEG, a look of awe showing upon his face as they approach it.

Last edited:

Remove ads