D&D 4e game?

Pinotage

Explorer
Dire Lemming, this thread has a great little resource for 4e rules:

4e PHB Lite

Just to clarify a few things for you. Lay on Hands means you spend a healing surge to heal somebody else. I don't think you can heal yourself with this ability anymore. Corrin can spend 11 healing surges on any given day, and for him each heals 6 hp. So his Lay on Hands allows him to heal another character whatever their hp healed per Healing Surge is.

Armarantan of Borne healed Corrin this round for 7 hp + the 6 hp of Healing Surge (and Corrin needs to spend a healing surge), so 13 hp total using his Healing Word power.

On any given round you can take a minor, standard and move action. A 5 ft. step is not called a shift, and takes you move action. Drawing an item is a minor action, and a standard action is what it normally was in 3e. There's a neat little DDXP handout with rules on that explains most things on two pages so it's easy to understand, but the PHB Lite contains most of the rules you need to know about.

Hope that helps. Just ask if you have any rules questions.

Pinotage

Graf

Explorer
can i confirm that my combat challenge ability: Adjacent foes shifting triggers an attack of opportunity either didn't go off (because they have some ability that counters it) or the attacks missed when the guy was shifting around behind me.I see that I was dazed. Sorry tracking now.

I assume the "darting about" is a function of their combat style, not actual movement right?

I don't need to declare itthat I'm using combat challenge right?
(I really don't love the fact that I have two or three different abilities that are all called combat challenge...)

Sorry, still putting the pieces together.

Having a great time. Will post my action within an hour.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Kinda sad/scary that they already have an errata for something that just was played...I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Pinotage

Explorer
Dire Lemming said:
Great, the Cleric has severe ADD... Can't even keep his concentration on a battle he technically started. :\

Would you like to suggest he do something else next round, bearing in mind that his Lance of Faith his round hit for 12 hp damage and he healed Skarra for 14 hp? Do you think that the party of five can't handle the remaining two bandits without him? I curious as to why you felt you needed to make this comment.

Pinotage

Graf

Explorer
Pinotage said:
... he healed Skarra for 14 hp? ...
You know... I completely missed this...
(I have rocks in my head sometimes)
Thanks for the cure!

Just my personal opinion but:
Online games can be a bit tricky to figure out; exactly when the timing of actions occurs can get a bit fluid. The NPCs have asserted they'll never surrender because of this Skalenvekelis fellow.
The PCs have, basically, asserted that they're not going to just cut them down where they stand (well, Torn, might...)
Are the bandits really serious about dying or just bluffing? Maybe they're hoping they'll be able to name drop and walk away with their skins.

The DM will post the results, and we'll have a round of combat or we won't.
Either way the battle is lopsided; the result is not in serious doubt.

At a table top game it might be a bit weird to move away from a fight, but Pinotage having Armarantan move over to the NPCs in an online game is just away to help set up the next scene while we're waiting for the DM's post.
Generally that sort of activity helps the story move along and gives the DM hints about where the players would like to go.

Remove ads