• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4" [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'll be leaving for a last minute trip to New Orleans tomorrow evening. I should still have internet access, so posting shouldn't be an issue. However, I won't have the means to make new maps or keep track of combat while I'm away.

Honestly, this encounter has grown stale, and is so close to over, I'm considering just calling it done and moving on to something new. Any thoughts on that idea?

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
As long as the end is a relatively foregone conclusion, I wouldn't object.

It has been a long, hard slog of a fight. Monsters in 4e have so many hit points compared to the damage you can do! Granted, the black puddings are brutes or elites or something that makes them tougher than usual. No idea what the moths are.

Even so. Damn. Kind of a pyhrric victory, given that most of us are out of all of our powers, several of us are bloodied...we pretty much have to stop after this and rest. Tee hee.

Leif

Adventurer
I second those sentiments. I tried to stay with this fight and into it as much as possible, but I gave up on succeeding at that awhile ago. :p And now I'm not even sure what powers Uulark has used already during this fight, and which ones he has left. Gotta take better notes next time!

Scotley

Hero
I'm for calling this one. It didn't play to Rogash's strengths at all. Sorry Real Life has limited my participation of late. I should be back to normal posting tomorrow.

renau1g

First Post
I second those sentiments. I tried to stay with this fight and into it as much as possible, but I gave up on succeeding at that awhile ago. :p And now I'm not even sure what powers Uulark has used already during this fight, and which ones he has left. Gotta take better notes next time!

It can be hard at this level, but if you do something like I did below, it really helps (at least in my experience). You can strikeout powers as needed and you'll know which dailies are used up as you can just roll forward the ministats. I'm good with calling it IG, my time is rather limited for real combat posts

[sblock=ministats]Caerwyn Thingol Male Human Paladin|Barbarian/Gray Guard 11
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: normal
AC:28, Fort:25, Reflex:22, Will:23
HP:44/100, Bloodied:50, Surge Value:25, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howling Strike
Challenging Strike
Enfeebling Strike

Avalanche Strike
Strength from Valor
Curtain of Steel
Debilitating Smite
Virtue
Shrug it Off
Amulet of Life +2

Blood of the Mighty
Thunder Hawk Rage
Stoneroot Rage
Vengeful Vigilance
Rampaging Slayer's Gloves
Hunter's Flint

Conditions: Resist 5 damage until end of encounter

Full sheet: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5190500-post7.html [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Late to the party, but I'm with everyone else. If we're actually close to finishing these guys off, I'm all for moving forward if you're fine with that kind of wrap up for the encounter. It's been quite the crash course in 4e combat for me. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The night passes, strangely enough, without incident. As the sun peeks over the horizon, the sharp sound of a twig snapping breaks the early morning silence. An old man, pitchfork at the ready, creeps from behind a tree as his shaky breath clouds in front of him in the crisp morning air.

"What're you doin' here," he asks.
oh man, you guys are dead meat now!! he is probably the one looking for the walnuts from the dryad's grove!

Remove ads