• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4" [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
I was just screwing with you when I told you level 10. Make an 11th level character. I've never known there to be a "magic number" to which the combined levels of your magic items must equal. renau1g is right in that you get items of level 10, 11, and 12. If you want lower level items, who am I to argue?
A DM who admits to screwing with his players! How novel! ;) 'Nuther question, IG, will it be ok if I shoot for a total of 33 levels of magic items even if the number of items is a bit greater than 3? Actually, though, I doubt if I'll want more items, I'd just like to snag a potion or three if I could.
Leif - don't forget you also get 5k in gold to spend on top of the three magic items.
Dang! I looked and looked for that in the books last night and never could find it? Point me to a book and a page? I was just getting equipment by taking stuff I figured was necessary and [barely?] plausible.

Leif

Adventurer
9 + 10+ 11 may equal 30, which is w2hat you were going by, but 10 + 11 + 12 = 33 whih is what you have aas 23 plus a Lv 10 something or other which equals 33, the target number, right?
Yeah, whatever, DeWar. :erm: Since you're becoming such a 4E expert, why don't you just play?? :D

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Yeah, whatever, DeWar. :erm: Since you're becoming such a 4E expert, why don't you just play?? :D

that was something called simple math, not gaming savey.

It's in the DMG, page 143.

Also, don't forget your paragon path :)

Hey you're a bugbear now... no more smelly gnoll ;)

great, a smellier bugbear. could be worse. could be an owlbear . . . oops, D'Oh!

renau1g

First Post
Naw, they don't smell, the owl feathers keep the fur from getting wet ;)

OwlBear_MM.jpg

Now, it's a good thing we aren't orcs, or kobolds:

Speak With Monsters - Orc

Speak With Monsters - Kobold

Oh... and just for fun ;)

Speak With Monsters - Xorn

industrygothica

Adventurer
A DM who admits to screwing with his players! How novel! ;) 'Nuther question, IG, will it be ok if I shoot for a total of 33 levels of magic items even if the number of items is a bit greater than 3? Actually, though, I doubt if I'll want more items, I'd just like to snag a potion or three if I could.

Dang! I looked and looked for that in the books last night and never could find it? Point me to a book and a page? I was just getting equipment by taking stuff I figured was necessary and [barely?] plausible.

Seems the second part of your post answered the first. You get a 10, an 11, and a 12, plus the gold. Spend it wisely. ;)

-IG

renau1g

First Post
IG - for the group that Caerwyn is part of/one of the lead members of, can I flesh it out a bit. I'm thinking the Grey Guards is a good name for the group. I might flesh out where he's wanted as well, just in case it gives any evil DM ideas ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads