• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4" [OOC]

Leif

Adventurer
I vote for Shayuri as DM too. Failing that, I am indeed starting a 4e game with a swashbuckling feel to it in the near future. I have to wrap up two games first. I thinking 5th level. Anyway, you'd be more than welcome.

Leif said:
On another front, I think Scotley is working on a 4E Swashbuckler-type game. He'll have it pretty much full with players from his old game, but maybe you can sweet-talk him into squeezing in one more? ;)

SEEEEE???? That's the one I was taking about! :p

Leif

Adventurer
IG, The new, improved, 4E Uulark is now posted. As near as I could figure, he was supposed to have magic items totaling 30 levels at L10, right? Well, the items that I wanted only total 23, but I added a L10 ritual to his book in addition to the 2 rituals that he started with. Is that ok? (The L10 ritual is something that I hope can help us learn more about our "plumed" nemesis. Check my sheet. If you think I shouldn't have that, just say so. Like you've EVER had a problem saying "no" to me before! :D )

Oh, hey, and I just thought of something! The FIRST shifter cleric that I ever met is now in this game, too! (renau1g in my 4E game)

renau1g

First Post
Wow...I just posted the new (not sure if improved) Caerwyn

Edit: I'm glad to know Khellek is an inspiration to you Leif ;)

Edit2: Leif, I believe we should be level 11, not 10 :) There are a few things I see that aren't correct with Uulark... do you want me to pop him in the CB real quick? (note: clerics don't start with scale armor proficiency and your Con is too low to get it as a feat, requires 13 CON. If you drop CHA by 1 that'd give you enough to bump Con up)

Edit3: One other thing, you should get a level 12, 11, and 10 item + 5000 gold. You've only taken an 8,8,7 and 3 item. Just an FYI

Edit4: IG, would Caerwyn get any benefit from his mount? I purchased a magic item for it to grant resist 5/all, but I was wondering the utility of a warhorse? If he doesn't use it, I can always swap that out for a Sun Globe

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
wow, thanks, ryan. Yeah, IG told ME L10, but he meant 11. Nice DM, huh? hahaha. Anyway, I knew that, but forgot to adjust him. Guess I'd better do that huh? And no scale armor. Bummer, gotta fix that for sure. Yeah, I knew I was taking underpowered magic items, but I was more concerned with items that I wanted than what level they were. Plus, I stuck a L10 ritual in Uulark's book as compensation. ;) And I took 4 magic items anyway, just made sure they're total levels were in the ballpark. (23, I think, instead of 30) But wait, 12,11,10 eh? And I was thinking 11,10,9! Maybe I have more work to do after all....

Leif

Adventurer
I just checked, and when Uulark goes up to L11, he gets +1 to all abilities, so his Str and Con will be high enough to allow Scale Armor, plus he gets a feat to take proficiency with it! :D See, the answer was right there in your post to me, but you still missed it! :p

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
9 + 10+ 11 may equal 30, which is w2hat you were going by, but 10 + 11 + 12 = 33 whih is what you have aas 23 plus a Lv 10 something or other which equals 33, the target number, right?

industrygothica

Adventurer
IG, The new, improved, 4E Uulark is now posted. As near as I could figure, he was supposed to have magic items totaling 30 levels at L10, right? Well, the items that I wanted only total 23, but I added a L10 ritual to his book in addition to the 2 rituals that he started with. Is that ok? (The L10 ritual is something that I hope can help us learn more about our "plumed" nemesis. Check my sheet. If you think I shouldn't have that, just say so. Like you've EVER had a problem saying "no" to me before! :D )

Oh, hey, and I just thought of something! The FIRST shifter cleric that I ever met is now in this game, too! (renau1g in my 4E game)

I was just screwing with you when I told you level 10. Make an 11th level character. I've never known there to be a "magic number" to which the combined levels of your magic items must equal. renau1g is right in that you get items of level 10, 11, and 12. If you want lower level items, who am I to argue?

Wow...I just posted the new (not sure if improved) Caerwyn

Edit: I'm glad to know Khellek is an inspiration to you Leif ;)

Edit2: Leif, I believe we should be level 11, not 10 :) There are a few things I see that aren't correct with Uulark... do you want me to pop him in the CB real quick? (note: clerics don't start with scale armor proficiency and your Con is too low to get it as a feat, requires 13 CON. If you drop CHA by 1 that'd give you enough to bump Con up)

Edit3: One other thing, you should get a level 12, 11, and 10 item + 5000 gold. You've only taken an 8,8,7 and 3 item. Just an FYI

Edit4: IG, would Caerwyn get any benefit from his mount? I purchased a magic item for it to grant resist 5/all, but I was wondering the utility of a warhorse? If he doesn't use it, I can always swap that out for a Sun Globe

I've never had much use for mounts, personally. If you want one, that's fine... but there's always a possibility that you'll end up in another dungeon where it won't be used to it's fullest. Honestly, the item might do you better.

renau1g

First Post
ok thanks IG. I just saw that Caerwyn originally had a warhorse so thought it would be a good story/continuity fit to keep one if it was used. I might swap it out if you're ok with that?

Leif - don't forget you also get 5k in gold to spend on top of the three magic items.

Remove ads