D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Spartain104

First Post
Kail Ryon Init: +3 Pas. Perc: 15

Kail simply walks. his staff rests firmly in his hand, balanced before and behind him parallel to the ground. He walks easily beside Helmut, the two of them matching Curly's stride on their journey. For the most part Kail keeps his eyes open. He notices animals in the trees and the occasional passerby, but his mind is focused inward, delving into his meditation as he moves. His eyes however betray him as he spots the three lurkers in the rocks and his meditation is broken.

As he stops and taps Helmut on the shoulder to indicate the threat he hears their new tag-alongs as they clearly announce their intentions and the three figures sprint off in their directions. Kail grunts as his staff instinctively flies into both hands, readied. He looks to Helmut and the Paladin now halfway up the rocks and shakes his head. He makes a quick motion to the ground and a warning sign as if to say Staying here is not safe. Yet he waits, his eyes locked onto Helmut. He would rather not split the party up, yet as he volunteered alongside Helmut he would most likely stay by his side.

OOC: [roll0]
Just in case we chase, and let me know any other rolls that may help. Otherwise Kail with remain reactionary and await some form of orders.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis shrugs and looks around at the roadway.

"Scouts or no, bandits or no, they are unlikely to return for us, I would think. We are a large group, armed, and with no wagons or pack animals filled with goods or supplies. A hard bite to swallow, and not very fulfilling for all that work. I suggest we push on and leave them be, as they seem eager to leave us."

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Skarsgard

Explorer
Arion looks the human male up and down with renewed appreciation and nods thoughtfully. This one has a decent head on his shoulders, he thinks to himself.

"I believe our esteemed compatriot here is correct. Let's not chase and unknown supposed foe through unfamiliar terrain into what may or may not be a trap." He smiles to himself. I just need to add a few double negatives to that.

"I suggest we push on but keep an eye out."

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Creamstake]If Mialee wishes to follow, John will do his best to protect her in combat[/sblock]

John gave horse a weak smile. "Thank you my friend. Remind me to buy you a drink when we get back".

Schmoe

Adventurer
"I agree Davis. Most bandits would have no quarrel with us. I don't much like them, but I have no quarrel with them, either. For all we know, they may not be bandits at all but lookouts for some other group. No matter, it looks like our troubled companion has a death wish. If we separate, we may yet become targets. Keep moving, but keep your wits and your weapons close."

Helmut then puts his fingers to his lips and blows a shrill whistle. He yells after the running human and half-orc. "John! Horse! Don't be fools! You're like as not to run into an ambush or sprain your ankle among the rocks. Come back so we can go on in safety."

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]Helmut Krauthammer
Passive Perception = 11
Initiative Modifier = +1
[/sblock]

Radaceus

Adventurer
As he paced John, a toothy grin came to dominate his jowls, reflections of being the one chased at the fore of his thoughts. Horse had few friends, fewer than the fingers he could never count correctly.
The whistle jogged his memory.
'Horse!, come back here!'
'Dont be like them , there is no glory in the back of the pack, be like the noble lion and command your prey'

'Yes, Grenda,' he muttered apologetically, slowing to a stop he called out to John, ' Vereen, wait, this not bully for you.'

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: If I am reading the group properly, then you wish to pursue one of the men, but as a group. If that is true, the Survival checks that have been made so far will allow you to follow the trail, however, each man is at a full run and moving at a speed of 30. If any characters are slower than that (perhaps because of wearing heavy armor and not having a high enough Strength), they will lag behind. Those with a speed of 30 can pursue, but will have to make Dexterity checks contested by the man you are chasing to navigate the rocks without stumbling. Should anyone have a speed faster than 30, you gain a bonus to your check equal to the difference between your speed and 30 (if you had a speed of 35 you would get a +5 bonus). Everyone chasing will need to make the Dexterity check.

Also pick a direction, NE, NW, or S. Otherwise I will roll randomly.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Mialee is support mostly in this context. She will simply attempt to keep pace and follow. I'll roll Dex just to roll Dex for this. She's interested more in the thrill of the hunt than the actual hunt.

[roll0]

"So we pursue? I've wanted to run all day."

Radaceus

Adventurer
OOC: Welp...Horse does love to run![roll0]

As far as Direction , we are following John Vareen@Morrus;, so which ever one he chose to follow, otherwise random

Hearing Mialee, Horse looks over his shoulder at her, his ugly mug lighting up as he answers exuberantly, 'Okay!'
With that he puts some muscle in his step to try and catch up with John.

[sblock="Mini-Stat Block-Horse"] Passive Perception: 9 Initiative Mod:+1[/sblock]

Radaceus

Adventurer
OOC: okay looks like dex check failed, maybe because I also put in the call out to Sezarious which also did not go through...

here is the Dex Chack [roll0]

Remove ads