• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 5E] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr (IC)

Forged Fury

First Post
Boddynock continued his relentless flaming attack. His bolt of fire struck the ogre squarely in the chest.

OOC: Action - Cast fire bolt (Advantage): [roll0], [roll1], Damage: [roll2]

Forged Fury

First Post
"MMMaaaauuggghhhh!!! HALP!" the ogre yelled in pain and fear. Realizing it had met its match, it held its club out as a shield and squeezed its bulk back through the cave mouth and fled within. Gnorth and Boddynock could still see the creature, which had made its way back near the small bonfire that was burning.

OOC: Action - Disengage
Movement: F/G-3/4

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Round 6

GM: Initiative
Corilo: 14
Lorenzo: 13
Gnorth: 12
Scheppen: 11
Brue: 9
Ogres: 9

Results from Round 5 are posted. Short version: the ogre disengaged and fled further into the cave after taking a beating, currently only Gnorth and Boddynock can see it. None of you can reach it to engage it in melee combat as it is too far away, but you could move into position to attack it at range. For convenience, it has 6 HP remaining and an AC of 11. If you see someone drop it, go ahead and move out of combat rounds.

Please post actions for Round 6. Please note that this ogre is no longer squeezing, so no more advantage on your attacks.

Corilo slipped into the cave mouth, stalking the ogre. Raising his hand-crossbow, he fired a single quarrel which smacked into the back of the ogre's head, dropping it like a sack of bricks. The guttering light of the small campfire painted shadows across the walls, the crackling of the fire the only noise in the cave.

Last edited:

Brue shouldered her way into the cave. She darted as far forward as she could, then dodged and wove out of the ogre's reach.

[sblock=OOC]Move: to G6? I want Brue to move 30' into the cave. I think she won't be able to move and attack this round, so she'll Dodge for her action.
Action: Dodge. Until the start of your next turn, any attack roll made against you has disadvantage if you can see the attacker, and you make Dexterity saving throws with advantage.
Bonus Action: None.
Reaction: None.

AC 17
hp 39/39

Just in case Brue can move and attack this round, she'll attack with her greatsword rather than dodge: attack [roll0] for [roll1] [roll2] damage. Re-rolled in the OOC, total 11 points of damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Olrox17

Hero
Corilo saw fear in the ogre's eyes, and took pity on him for a moment. Then, he remembered all the devastation in Port Kir. Corilo advanced and coldly took aim.

OOC: Corilo moves to I8 and shoots the last ogre with his action. If the first shot isn't enough to take it down, he attacks again with his bonus action.

First attack roll:[roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]

Second attack roll:[roll2]
Damage roll:[roll3]

In case of a miss, Corilo will use a superiority die for the precision attack maneuver.
Precision Attack roll:[roll4]

Forged Fury

First Post
Corillo moves up and fired a single crossbow bolt, which smacked into the back of the ogre's head which dropped like a sack of bricks. The guttering light of the camp fire played across the inside of the cave, painting shadows against the walls. For the moment, everything seemed quiet.

OOC: Combat is over

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo blinks slowly and pulls out a rag with which he begins cleaning his blade.

"Well, that went better than expected."

He looks around the cavern, stepping forward following those who moved in to finish off the last of the ogres.

"It's rather small and cramped in here. I'm surprised three ogres even fit. I wonder what they were doing."

Brue sat down and rested. The fight had been fast and furious, and although successful, she was winded.

"Don't suppose there's any sign they've got the oak staff we're looking for?" The genasi's eyes lit up with hope for a split second.

Forged Fury

First Post
Taking a look around the cave, there wasn't much to it. A few natural stalagmites and stalactites grew out of the ground or hung from the ceiling respectively. North of the campfire was a large pile of objects. After a cursory glance, Boddynock suggested that there's a good chance they were the spoils from Port Kir. As Lorenzo made his way around the natural wall of the cavern, he spotted a small natural alcove to the east of the campfire containing the bodies of three elves and a gnome.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo frowns down at his discovery and calls the others over.

"I would assume these are some of our missing townsfolk, but not all of them I suspect. I wonder if our thief is among them. There is a gnome ... "

He holds out a hand to forestall any violent reaction from Brue.

"... but no guarantee our quarry is."

Remove ads