• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Adventurer's League Elemental Evil Player's Guide

What is the "Elemental Evil Player’s Companion"? Is that the cancelled book or some TBD splat book?

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
Elemental Players Companion Up Now

The Elemental Evil Players Companion is up at Drivethrurpg for free download now. Contains rules for the Aarakocra, Svirfneblin, Genasi, and Goliath races, and new spells,. No new clerical domains or class options though sadly.link here

MightyTev

First Post
Also on RPG Now.

Aarakocra (not allowed in adventurer's league) have a fly speed, this could potentially be unbalancing? Bonus to wis and dex, they'd make good monks/rogues.

Deep Gnomes have bonus to dex and would make great rogues, esp if they take the feat allowing them to cast nondetection.

The disclaimer never let us down:

Disclaimer: For safe utilization of elemental magic, remember the following guidelines. You can drink water but not fire. You can breathe air but not earth. You can walk on earth but not on
water (unless you have the right pair of boots or spell). You can do a lot of things with fire, but almost all of them are bad ideas.

SpaceOtter

Drifting in otter space
They weren't the same topic: the Players "Guide" for the Adventurers League (what this thread was about) is not the same product as the Players "Companion" (which is what I started a thread about). That's why Morris now has since created a whole separate thread on the Companion.

I can see why some folks might get confused though.

aramis erak

Legend
Also, when I wrote my post (which survives only in Jester Canuk's quote), the Player's Companion was NOT available. I've not checked today.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I may be joining in this campaign at a local hobby store in about 6 weeks. I have downloaded both player's supplements for Elemental Evil. Besides that and the PHB, what else do I need to know to be prepared?

All this newfangled Adventure League thing is a bit overwhelming. Speaking of overwhelming, so what have I missed since I last looked at the Forgotten Realms in the eighties?

Last edited by a moderator:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Genasi: Interesting they opted for Con, which is useful for everyone, but not Cha, which is a sorcerer stat. Water genasi as divine casters, earth as front line, fire as wizards, and air genasi as rogues/monks. No sorcerers this time around, or apparently swordmages (unless they come out with a new class down the line that works off Con). Very different than 4e Genasi, and from the PF versions. How are they compared to the 2e/Planescape versions? A different take on the race each edition, or are we back to the original forms?

And do they have feats or other add-ons coming down the line is something I'd be interested in. I liked the elemental tempest quite a bit, and there may have been a few swordmages designed with genasi out there. I had a sorcerer who was rather fun, especially with the elemental options later in the edition, but that may be a season or two down the line.

Goliath look great.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
I love free stuff! I really like the new cantrips, especially control flames, gust, mold earth and shape water. I'm glad to see some classic spells come back, like Melf's minute meteors, pyrotechnics and transmute rock. I'm also happy to see more elemental options, especially for sorcerers.

The new race options were a nice surprise. I'm glad to see the genasi again. The aarokocra seem quite powerful with their flying speed, but that's pretty much all that they get so I don't think they're too overpowered. I think that the deep gnome feat is a nice way of letting people play more powerful races without things like level adjustments.

Remove ads

Remove ads