• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Dumb question. Chlorine dioxide? Sounds poisonous anyway.
Chlorine dioxide is a chemical disinfectant that is sometimes used to disinfect water. It is often sold as a less corrosive (and thus, safer) substitute for bleach, but some charlatans sell it as a “miracle” food supplement.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Bad news/good news about the new Covid pills.

The bad news is that they can have some nasty interactions with some very commonly prescribed drugs and even herbal supplements. In some cases, the boost the efficacy of those drugs to toxic levels. So if you’re going to be taking them, be VERY thorough in discussing what meds & supplements you take with your healthcare providers.

OTOH, since the course of treatment using the Covid pills is relatively short (a month or so), you can still take the Covid pills after pausing or greatly reducing the doses on the other meds with minimal risk.

I continue to be frustrated by the fact that there are still people who don't know how to properly wear a mask. It's been over 2 years already! Cover your nose + mouth, why is this so hard?

While on the train, I noticed a passenger loudly breathing through his nose, while his mask only covered his mouth. Then what is the bloody point of wearing one?!

Also a quarter of the passengers were wearing their mask wrong like this. The government really should issue some instructions at this point. We should have daily commercials educating people on proper mask use. There were also a few who didn't wear a mask at all, despite regulations requiring them.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I continue to be frustrated by the fact that there are still people who don't know how to properly wear a mask.

Don't kid yourself. They know. They choose not to. I expect you'd see them pop the mask up any time they were passing someone who might try to enforce the rules.

While on the train, I noticed a passenger loudly breathing through his nose, while his mask only covered his mouth. Then what is the bloody point of wearing one?!

The point is to say, "See, I have a mask," so folks will leave them alone.

There were also a few who didn't wear a mask at all, despite regulations requiring them.

If the rules are not enforced, there will be some folks who aren't going to follow them.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
While on the train, I noticed a passenger loudly breathing through his nose, while his mask only covered his mouth. Then what is the bloody point of wearing one?

You’ve heard of security theater?

Wearing a chin diaper (a mask that does not cover your nose) is COVID theater. Going through the motions without bothering to do any thing of substance.

Or, to quote a person I know who refuses to mask- “Sorry, that doesn’t fit my lifestyle.” Ugh.

Unfortunately, you just can’t make people care about the welfare of the people around them.

NotAYakk

Legend
You’ve heard of security theater?

Wearing a chin diaper (a mask that does not cover your nose) is COVID theater. Going through the motions without bothering to do any thing of substance.

Or, to quote a person I know who refuses to mask- “Sorry, that doesn’t fit my lifestyle.” Ugh.

Unfortunately, you just can’t make people care about the welfare of the people around them.
You can, we just are unwilling to pay the price.

People do not generally walk around bottomless. Those few who want to are sanctioned with consequences up to and including violence.

We could choose to enforce masks just as harshly. We do not. It is expensive and hard.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
What does that even mean!?! What lifestyle? Does wearing a mask really fit anyone's 'lifestyle'?

Who knows? The whole "caring about people other than yourself" lifestyle?

Personally, given my long history of loving the BDSM bankrobbery and Bane cosplay, I'm fairly stoked.

Remove ads