WotBS D&D Beyond Content

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
My players are requesting some content from WotBS (such as the custom subclasses) to be applicable to their characters on D&D Beyond. Is there a compendium of "homebrew" that can be added to my campaign, for them to choose from? Is it legal for me to transcribe the class features into "homebrew" of my own, for our group play? Or is that something that needs to be handled separately from the online character sheets?

Fuzzybear

Explorer
I made a similar version of the West Wind Monk subclass, but it was flavored with cold instead of lightning for one of my players. You can definitely do that, though I will warn that getting some things to work fully may take some real effort to be more than just a text field, especially the custom "half casters" for the monks as they don't seem to follow the number of spells for other subclasses that I could find. I didn't search for them being made by someone else already as I believe you need to have a subscription active to use other people's homebrews. This may not be a problem for you, just an FYI.

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
The level does seem to follow half caster progression, in terms of spell levels known (2nd at level 5, 3rd at level 9, etc), at it follows the same basic rules as Paladins do (you prepare a number of spells equal to half your class level plus your relevant ability modifier, and can choose anything from the full list at the end of a long rest).

spinmd

Fishy DM
I believe that as long as you are not making any of the homebrew content public on DND beyond and just using it for your group's personal use, there shouldn't be any legal issues.

To Fuzzybear's point, some of the content will be difficult to integrate into DND beyond to make the content more than just text.

Fuzzybear

Explorer
The level does seem to follow half caster progression, in terms of spell levels known (2nd at level 5, 3rd at level 9, etc), at it follows the same basic rules as Paladins do (you prepare a number of spells equal to half your class level plus your relevant ability modifier, and can choose anything from the full list at the end of a long rest).
I could certainly be crazy, but whatever I did over there never had the numbers of known spells line up properly. shrug

cranberry

Adventurer
My players are requesting some content from WotBS (such as the custom subclasses) to be applicable to their characters on D&D Beyond. Is there a compendium of "homebrew" that can be added to my campaign, for them to choose from? Is it legal for me to transcribe the class features into "homebrew" of my own, for our group play? Or is that something that needs to be handled separately from the online character sheets?

Did you post your question on the D&D Beyond forum?

Remove ads