D&D Beyond Launches on August 15th for $3-6/m

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

Satyrn

First Post
This is my interest as well. For example, I don't need all of SCAG, just the subclasses, or the monsters and items from Curse of Strahd since I've already run it.
I'm curious about what "just buying the rogue stuff" truly means. Does it mean just the rogue stuff from the PHB, all the rogue stuff already released or all the rogue stuff that will ever be released.

Not that I ever intend to buy this content in so piecemeal a fashion, but I'm curious.

This is my interest as well. For example, I don't need all of SCAG, just the subclasses, or the monsters and items from Curse of Strahd since I've already run it. Can I get those things without rebuying the whole book? Or are those the things that will have to be entered manually?

With SCAG (and VGtM), they have stated that they are offering a la carte buy what you want; if say you have a player who wants to play a tabaxi or swashbuckler (or a tabaxi swashbuckler), you can purchase those individually. They haven't, to my knowledge, stated if this will be the case for the APs (although it would make sense), or if they will have offers, say, to buy "all the monsters" from Tales from the Yawning Portal or "all of the player races" from VGtM as package deals.

EDIT: A poster on the other DDB thread has stated there will be bundled deals for purchases like this, although I'm still not sure on this sort of purchase from APs (although it would be a logical conclusion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Remathilis

Legend
With SCAG (and VGtM), they have stated that they are offering a la carte buy what you want; if say you have a player who wants to play a tabaxi or swashbuckler (or a tabaxi swashbuckler), you can purchase those individually. They haven't, to my knowledge, stated if this will be the case for the APs (although it would make sense), or if they will have offers, say, to buy "all the monsters" from Tales from the Yawning Portal or "all of the player races" from VGtM as package deals.

EDIT: A poster on the other DDB thread has stated there will be bundled deals for purchases like this, although I'm still not sure on this sort of purchase from APs (although it would be a logical conclusion).

I kinda hope so. I have no intention of ever running OotA, for example, but it'd be nice to buy all the demon-lord stats for less than $25. Similarly, I already own SCAG, so I don't need the cities and towns stuff again but I want the duergar subrace or arcana domain in my character builder. I'm willing to pony up, but I don't want to lay down $30 again for maybe 1/3 of the book.

It will come down to what the bundles include and at what cost, I wager...

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
This is my interest as well. For example, I don't need all of SCAG, just the subclasses, or the monsters and items from Curse of Strahd since I've already run it. Can I get those things without rebuying the whole book? Or are those the things that will have to be entered manually?
The only thing about pricing that I dislike is how much they've indicated individual components will be. They're not very good value. $2 for a magic item, for instance, $4 for a class, $3 for a race. That's not official, I don't think, but it's what Adam has mentioned in the thread. Personally, I'd rather just enter those things myself until I can afford the full book. The full books are decent value for money IMO, but the individual components are just insanely priced.

I'm curious about what "just buying the rogue stuff" truly means. Does it mean just the rogue stuff from the PHB, all the rogue stuff already released or all the rogue stuff that will ever be released.
I think it's been asked but not clarified yet. There was some hint in the language that it might be "all things, forever", which would I suppose make buying the class a little bit better value. There was also mentioned "packs" like, all magic items for $12.95, which is like all magic items from all books.

The mods on the forums are apparently working hard on a FAQ so hopefully a lot of these questions will be answered soon.

$3 for a race makes more sense when you figure that it's for a player to buy after deciding on their character choice for a long campaign. It'll not be used by anyone that likes making a lot of characters, or who is a DM, I think.

Also I guess you get some people who always play a certain class or race, so it might work out for them?

Remove ads

Remove ads