D&D Beyond Launches on August 15th for $3-6/m

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
One limitation of fantasy grounds is the lack of ability to use it on more than one monitor at a time. I assume this is more modern technology?

One limitation of fantasy grounds is the lack of ability to use it on more than one monitor at a time. I assume this is more modern technology?

I am currently logged in the site on both my PC and my phone. that may not be what you mean, but you can have the same account open on multiple devices/PCs since it currently is all on their website. When the offline capability is added in the future, I am not sure how that will be impacted, if at all.

lkj

Hero

At the moment, it's a web interface (mobile app is in development). So you can presumably open it on as many screens as you like.

AD

eayres33

Explorer
This is pretty sweet, IMO. $24.99 USD for that is a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

What is pretty sweet, what price point is $24.99? Other posters have talked about the good and bad of the product, so far you have posted as if you have been paid by the company for the word count. What is pretty sweet about $24.99 as the sale price does not match that price point, nor does the rest of the price points laid out. What information do you have that I do not?

What is pretty sweet, what price point is $24.99? Other posters have talked about the good and bad of the product, [-]so far you have posted as if you have been paid by the company for the word count[/-]. What is pretty sweet about $24.99 as the sale price does not match that price point, nor does the rest of the price points laid out. What information do you have that I do not?

All adventures are going to be $24.99. The word "This" in the post is a link to a comment about how the adventure interface would work, so I presume it is about that online functionality for adventures for $24.99. I know I find it pretty sweet as well, but opinions will of course vary, especially for those who already own the adventures.

(Also, a moderator has already warned about unnecessary snark in this thread. Just saying. Nothing wrong with being excited about something.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

All adventures are going to be $24.99. The word "This" in the post is a link to a comment about how the adventure interface would work, so I presume it is about that online functionality for adventures for $24.99. I know I find it pretty sweet as well, but opinions will of course vary, especially for those who already own the adventures.

(Also, a moderator has already warned about unnecessary snark in this thread. Just saying. Nothing wrong with being excited about something.) :)

One thing not mentioned there and I haven't seen confirmed elsewhere - will the monsters and magic items from the APs have a la carte pricing like monsters/classes/races from VGtM and SCAG? I'm assuming they will (and hopefully we will be to purchase all the monsters and magic weapons from each AP as a package), but I haven't read where that's 100% confirmed...

eayres33

Explorer

You are right I was out of line, I apologize.

Back to the topic, weren't the adventure's already announced at $25 a piece?

Satyrn

First Post
You are right I was out of line, I apologize.

Back to the topic, weren't the adventure's already announced at $25 a piece?

Before what [MENTION=6863518]dropbear8mybaby[/MENTION] linked to, yeah, but I think he was focusing on the functionality news in the link, not the price.

Like, you know the price of something and then someone tells you what it does and you say "yeah, that is worth it."

Remathilis

Legend
One thing not mentioned there and I haven't seen confirmed elsewhere - will the monsters and magic items from the APs have a la carte pricing like monsters/classes/races from VGtM and SCAG? I'm assuming they will (and hopefully we will be to purchase all the monsters and magic weapons from each AP as a package), but I haven't read where that's 100% confirmed...
This is my interest as well. For example, I don't need all of SCAG, just the subclasses, or the monsters and items from Curse of Strahd since I've already run it. Can I get those things without rebuying the whole book? Or are those the things that will have to be entered manually?

Remove ads

Remove ads