• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Clone Wars

STARP_JVP

First Post
Nightfall said:
Uhm I think it still works that way. I could be wrong.

But yeah imagine the FUN of watching your PCs go "Omhgh!!!" as an ARMY of clones NPCs villians start to invade. Now THAT'S awesome. :)

They wussified the spell. Now, the clone doesn't wake up until you die. Sucks donut.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by LostSoul
An evil ghost/wizard using Magic Jar

I think you mean Magic JAR JAR. Think about how much your players would love you if they could kill Jar Jar. Of course you'd have to annoy them first by talking like him, but that would make the killing even better.

Clones might be fun though. I'll have to try that sometime.

Out of curiosity, how many people even read the first post and simply saw the title and wanted to post stuff about Star Wars/Clones/Dnd? I hate to admit it, but I did. :eek:

Zappo

Explorer
Sorry, rounser. Better luck next time. :lol:

(personally, I'd go with 3.x; I can live without game balance, but not without character detail, not for a long campaign anyway)

maggot

First Post
I would go with 3.5 for customization and some semblence of balance. I agree the long stat blocks for 3.5 are tedious and annoying, so I often run monsters simply out of the book. Converting older material is not a big deal for me because there is so much written for 3.0/3.5. But for 1E material, there are conversions available for nearly everything. I quit playing during 2E, so I'm not sure what is there that you would want to use (I didn't like most of the 2E stuff and thus I quit playing during that period), but I'm sure there are conversions for the popular stuff.

In any case, the web is your friend. Find the on-line NPC generator, or the treatsure generator, or someone's conversion of something, or just an NPC in a free adventure or conversion and use that in your own stuff.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Perhaps it's time to redo that spell OR create a new spell that works like the old clone spell used to do.

Anyone that kills Jar Jar though must save (DC 25) or turn into Jar Jar. ;)

rounser

First Post
Find the on-line NPC generator, or the treatsure generator, or someone's conversion of something, or just an NPC in a free adventure or conversion and use that in your own stuff.
Yeah, this is part of the problem; what kind of crazy version of D&D is 3E that even one of the designers requires a program to speed up stat making?

It's also missing a lot of favourite monsters. Tome of Horrors goes a long way towards correcting that, but conversion over from say Hackmaster isn't really an option.
Sorry, rounser. Better luck next time. :lol:
Maybe I've made some folks feel uneasy about their favourite game, such that they want to derail the thread? :\ Never mind.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Nightfall
Anyone that kills Jar Jar though must save (DC 25) or turn into Jar Jar.

I just hope it doesn't take long for someone to pass that save. I wouldn't want to kill a fellow party member, but it wouldn't take me long to figure out a way to boost my save and then kill him, praying I pass the save.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads