• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D / WotC and GenCon

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
If they need a delay for the sake of security, why would they reveal the uncertain information to a wider audience first? Ow, my brainmeats.
I agree with the other two posters above me. But to add to that, I assume the entries could say something like "A level 1-4 adventure for Living Faerun. Bring your own character."

Since they have yet to announce Living Faerun of a book that would allow people to make their own characters, it might just confuse people and cause them to ask a bunch of questions on message boards and twitter. Questions that their entire staff has been ordered not to answer because it's supposed to be kept secret.

But WOTC kind of has to release enough information to allow people to play the rest of their GenCon events around these, since a large number of GenCon attendees are spending this week planning their event schedule. At least the D&D fans know that if they want to play all the D&D at GenCon, they need to set aside 11 hours to play them all and one of the events in Saturday night so not to book anything else in that slot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads