• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D / WotC and GenCon

pedr

Explorer
They are listed on the WotC site though. Some seem to be wondering if there'll be more info or more events to come, but I'm not sure.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The preliminary event catalog is out and no WotC events are on it yet.
If memory serves, this is about par for the course: with a few exceptions WotC events always seem to show up late...which can make planning one's Con a serious p-i-t-a.

Lanefan

fjw70

Adventurer
If memory serves, this is about par for the course: with a few exceptions WotC events always seem to show up late...which can make planning one's Con a serious p-i-t-a.

Lanefan

It is my understanding that delays in the past have been due to WotC being late in submitting the events. This time Baldman Games (that runs the D&D events) says they have already been submitted and are in the Gencon system. So who knows?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This one is interesting:

Gencon said:
Defiance in Phlan

The Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a refuge town on the Moonsea. Participate in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult from securing a foothold in the city.

Run Time: 1 hour

So, a test run of the concept of the 1 hour sessions.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
This one is interesting:

Defiance in Phlan

The Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a refuge town on the Moonsea. Participate in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult from securing a foothold in the city.

Run Time: 1 hour

Looks like it, i am curious how it will play out...

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I'm guessing this might be the "Dungeon Delve" for the Con. There's one of 5 missions you can do. That way you can play the delve 5 times and get a different experience each time.

WOTC likes to have one adventure that is quick and people can just line up for and they are taken as soon as people are ready.

GM Drew

Explorer
Overreacting?

I don't think people are overreacting at all. WotC, who owns the D&D intellectual property, which most of us hold dear, are once again playing the secrecy card about what they are doing. Those of us that are "overreacting" are simply voicing our concern that we are left in the dark on where the game is going (or coming)... especially since this version was a very community driven effort.

Talath

Explorer
I don't think people are overreacting at all. WotC, who owns the D&D intellectual property, which most of us hold dear, are once again playing the secrecy card about what they are doing. Those of us that are "overreacting" are simply voicing our concern that we are left in the dark on where the game is going (or coming)... especially since this version was a very community driven effort.

Nah, it just sounds like overreacting. They will release info when they are good and ready. Let the custodians exercise custody.

Remove ads