• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D / WotC and GenCon

shadow

First Post
Although I'm a little disappointed that we won't see D&D 5e released at GenCon, I would rather see Wizards work on the game and edit the books rather than rush everything to make the GenCon deadline.

fjw70

Adventurer
Although I'm a little disappointed that we won't see D&D 5e released at GenCon, I would rather see Wizards work on the game and edit the books rather than rush everything to make the GenCon deadline.

We don't know if it will be released at Gencon or not.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'm not going to make it to GenCon this year but I know if I was going and WotC didn't release 5e there (after all this buildup) I'd be pretty disappointed.
I hope when they announce it at gencon they fill the hall with live bees. No reason other than bees sting. Bee stings are funny.
Uhh, whatever floats yer boat; and you can pay for my ambulance ride when one of 'em stings me.

Lan-"now if they did the Wand of Wonder thing and filled the hall with butterflies, that'd be cool"-efan

Halivar

First Post
I'm not going to make it to GenCon this year but I know if I was going and WotC didn't release 5e there (after all this buildup) I'd be pretty disappointed.

Lanefan's Corollary to Murphy's Law said:
D&D 5E will be released at GenCon if and only if Lanefan can't make it.

You have essentially jinxed 5E into being released at GenCon.

The_Baldman

Explorer
and for those worried about not knowing what events are at show I can at least help with that worry.

I turned in all of the events 2 months ago, they are all approved in the Gen Con system, fully staffed, and ready to go. When Gen Con releases their events spreadsheet here shortly you will see the full slate of D&D events for the show. I'm already working on additional judges so I can expand the available tickets once they first batch evaporates in 10.4 minutes like they do every year.

Talath

Explorer
Uhh, whatever floats yer boat; and you can pay for my ambulance ride when one of 'em stings me.

Lan-"now if they did the Wand of Wonder thing and filled the hall with butterflies, that'd be cool"-efan

I'll contribute to a paypal donation, but you should really seek any damage against Wizards of the Coast, who are the nefarious bee keepers in this fictional situation from a throw away post.

Remove ads