• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D4E] Path of Enlightenment [OOC]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ban Lu certanly looks great. Let me have some time to think about the Background neccesary notes, and we will round him out.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Helfdan, be sure to read the story in the first thread to get the feeling of the empire status. I'll give you and scotley aditional information in the future about that topic.

Scotley, here are some needed background notes for your character
[sblock= Scotley]As a young boy, you were lef in the Monks of the Yellow veil’s monastery. The monks of the yellow veil are known by their compassion and and they will of teaching the common people about the ways of the gods. Your master, Kin Wu, was an old man, who you quickly adopt as father. He thought you how to fight, how you use a gun, and the most important thing: how to use the gift you had. The yellow veil monks are known by their skills in healing and their mystic powers related with it. As a young boy you manifested such powers.
One day, Glorious To, the emperor’s brother, and leader of the entire monastic order visited the temple where you lived. You were around 7 years old.
Glorious To was wisdom’s personification despite his age. He was kind, honorable and fair in his words; he treated you and the others like his sons. His virtue was great, and he clearly had the god’s favor. He taught you all many things, and when he leaved the monastery, you were all wiser.
Kin Wu trained you in the use of your gift, and made you grow strong and mature wise and honorable. But Kin Wu’s time in the mortal realm was near it’s end. He died of old age, speaking his last words to you “My student… you made me proud… But I see a great destiny for you… far more relevant… You… you must go to the town of Dragon’s Gate, to the south… there you shall wait… you shall wait…” he expired after those enigmatic words.
The day after burying master Kin Wu you departed to the town of Dragon’s Gate, a seaside town, which economy based on the fishing activity and the taxes of the sea trading routes. You walked many days, meditating and contemplating the landscape in which you walked.
You were well received in Dragon’s Gate, and provided guidance and healing to its inhabitants. You made yourself a name, as master monk, and many families send their children to stay under your tutelage.
[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
[sblock=Voda]

This looks so cool. I am thinking, of course inspired by CT/HD's main character, of making the imperial character a paladin. But instead of following a god, he would be a follower of the way of the sword.
To add the martial arts training, I would take the student of the sword "multiclass feat", which would then let him take fighter powers/paragon paths (if we get that far, but in terms of inspiration, he'd be looking to be a kensei)

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Helfdan] Glad you liked it.
Please remember I'm quite unexperienced in you language, so please don't use things like this "CT/HD". Instead, write down the entire words. Easier for me :p
As for the multicalsing, I see no problem with that feat. Although I hope you gain 5-7 levels. This will be a long game. Or at least I hope it to be. :p[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Before combat starts:
I like the IC descriptions of the combat actions, but a OOC note about the exact power and the link with the results of the rolls is something I would like to see too (something like: Bandit attack: 8+3: 11 ). As I said early, I'm not very familiar with the language, so give me a hand on this :p

I know I'm annoying. :p

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Voda:

Hehehe, actually, my first language is spanish, so I understand your problem with all these initials... Happens to me too :eek:

I meant cruching tiger hiiden dragon :blush:

Anyways, although it'll probably take them a while to reach a city, I'll be submitting the character in the next day or so.

Remove ads