[D&D4E] Path of Enlightenment [OOC]

covaithe

Explorer
Sorry, I posted yesterday -- or thought I did. When I look now, there's no trace of that post. I'll see if I can find it again, and just retype it if I can't.

Helfdan

First Post
Man, Scotley beat me to that 5th spot! This campaign looks great, Voda. Let me know if at any point you plan to expand. Sorry I missed it!

And Scotley, you owe me one ;) You better take a look at that splatbook I sent you before we level up in Constables :)

Scotley

Hero
Man, Scotley beat me to that 5th spot! This campaign looks great, Voda. Let me know if at any point you plan to expand. Sorry I missed it!

And Scotley, you owe me one ;) You better take a look at that splatbook I sent you before we level up in Constables :)

OOC: So noted. I think we will be approving the splat as requested. B-)

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ok, I will be waiting for you to tell me when to post.

By the way, being human gives me an additional at-will power, but I can chose nothing else, as they are reserved for star pact and infernal pact. Ideas?

Scotley

Hero
Doing a little research on a cleric character and I had a thought. The chain mail armor doesn't make a lot of sense in the china setting. I humbly suggest the Shin Wen Kia or Mountain Pattern armor as a functional equivalent of chain mail. Here's a link:

http://www.armourarchive.org/essays/Shanwenkia.pdf

I'll try to get some more character thoughts up in the morning.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well that seems like quite of a strong armor for a town healer don't you think? As I told you before its up to you. If you wish to use an imerial armor, then your character will appear later on in the game. If not, then you'll start sooner, and the palce for an imperial character will go to Hefdan.
So its up to you Scotley, as you came here first its yours the right to decide which one you would like to play: a town healer (think of something like this) or an imperial cleric (someting like the white guy in this picture)

Scotley

Hero
Guess I got a little carried away trying to match cleric abilities with Chinese historical fact. The character I have in mind wouldn't fit the imperial mold. Here's what I have in mind...

Ban Lu was born under the signs of great turmoil. The local people were sure that his life would be filed with war, change and strife. This was enhanced by his eyes which were not exactly the same color and did not track exactly together. Even as a baby the green eye seemed to have an unnatural radiance and his penetrating stare was unnerving. His parents, simple people, did not feel they deserved such a special and blessed child. After considerable prayer with the ancestors they made a decision. At a young age they took little Ban to the monks of (?) to learn and find his great destiny. There he became a warrior and mystic growing in both power and mystery. He had a gift for healing and desire to teach and lead other men. Upon attaining a certain level of maturity and wisdom he was sent out into the world to provide guidance and healing to the people of (?) village. He uses his gifts of healing to help the people, his aggressive teaching style to educate the youth and his often acid tongue to guide the village leaders to wisdom. Now in his mid-twenties, Ban Lu is well known for his firm hand and a stout Gun in dispensing education. The families for miles around send their most unruly children to learn wisdom from
Ban Lu. Indeed merely the suggestion of such a course of education is now enough to lead many a disobedient child back to the path of enlightenment and respect for their elders.
Ban is a large man in both stature and girth no doubt due to his fondness for rice, especially rice that has been made into beer or wine. Hair dark hair tends to stand out from his head like a lion's mane, an effect enhanced by his long sideburns and scraggly whiskers along the line of his jaw and chin. He wears the azure and saffron robes of a holy man and is quick to quote the tenets of great thinkers. The passages he chooses are often obtuse and can only be understood after careful meditation and consideration which is no doubt a testament to his great wisdom and not his love of drink as has been suggested by some of his students.

I'm thinking his powers will focus on radiance and astral radiance will be one of his feats.

Last edited:

Remove ads