• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D.O.A. trailer - it's good

Steel_Wind

Legend
TheLe said:
Don't forget:

Wing Commander - okey, the movie was pretty bad, but it is certainly one of my guilty pleasures. I admit it, I like Freddie Prince Jr.

The title track main theme from Wing Commander's OST is quite an impressive flourish and is greatly underrated.

nikolai

First Post
I'm sorry, but I absolutely loved this film. It's just so fun. It is stupid and over the top, but it's all done in such a knowingly light hearted and good natured way that's it's an absolute joy to watch. It's just very entertaining.

ssampier

First Post
TheLe said:
Don't forget:

Resident Evil - not great but passable

Wing Commander - okey, the movie was pretty bad, but it is certainly one of my guilty pleasures. I admit it, I like Freddie Prince Jr.

~Le, man of no shame...

I think you and I are the two people that enjoy both Resident Evil and Wing Commander movies. The second Resident Evil was a bit of a downer since it had a deus ex machina ending.

TheLe

First Post
ssampier said:
I think you and I are the two people that enjoy both Resident Evil and Wing Commander movies. The second Resident Evil was a bit of a downer since it had a deus ex machina ending.

Yeah, every time Wing Commander is on scifi channel or HBO I have to watch it -- it still catches my imagination today. The biggest weakness, in my opinion, is the whole "pilgrim" thing, which is a bit forced. And the terran space ships looked really stupid -- the entire front looked like a a bi-plane rather than something "cool".

It's certainly not as good as Enemy Mine, but its still pretty good and has a very satisfying ending.

`Le

Dragonblade

Adventurer
TheLe said:
Final Fantasy - awesome Scifi. Hard to beat this one. Too bad it is not live action to fit into this discussion.

You are not talking about The Spirits Within are you? Because that movie was the biggest pile of steaming monkey poo I had ever seen. Great CG could not overcome a ridiculously stupid story.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
It wasn't horrible. The dialogue and acting in the beginning was atrocious- so much so, that I firmly believe it had to be intentional. The story was pretty lame, and I think that if they had actually put as much effort and thought into the script and performances as they did into the the fight sequences, that it might have been a good film.

As it is, it's just mindless fun. The fight sequences are very well done, and, in the end- that's pretty much what DOA was all about anyway. Plus there's some really good eye candy. (Funny, I never thought Devon Aoki was very attractive, having only seen pictures of her, but actually watching her "live" as it were- she's very good looking. And, of course, I love Sarah Carter. Holly Valance looks much better as a brunette, though.)

DonTadow

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Which FF movie are you speaking of?
There was an ok CGI movie called final Fantasy: spirit within but it wasn't based on the video game franchise.

Now, recent CGI movie rocked. Children Advent I believe.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I enjoyed Fanal Fantasy and thought that it was a major step forward in terms of really getting there. What I really liked as a CGI film though was Immortel. The plot was a little strange but it was a French production with English Language Actors so I was expecting a little strange.

Pyrex

First Post
TheLe said:
Yeah, every time Wing Commander is on scifi channel or HBO I have to watch it -- it still catches my imagination today. The biggest weakness, in my opinion, is the whole "pilgrim" thing, which is a bit forced. And the terran space ships looked really stupid -- the entire front looked like a a bi-plane rather than something "cool".

Ugh, no kidding. Spaceships != Submarines.

Why is the ship so dark and cold the crew needs to wear sweaters and stocking caps? And what were the freaking steam pipes for!?

*stops before rant spins out of control*

Remove ads