• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Erekose13

Explorer
"The boat up river sounds like an interesting trip." replies Eternity, always more at home on the water than on a road in a coach somewhere. Besides if there were bad blood between Fallon and Duvik, why would she want to visit the former first.

doghead

thotd
ooc: Jennileerose, sorry about the delay in responding. I saw the post but got caught up in other things.

I'm going to leave it to the characters to decide. Ashin has money for up to six. He's happy with that and is not going to commission any more. But if the characters wish to take on another and split the money, Ashin has no problem with them doing so (so long as Ros takes the truth rod test of course).

So, over to the characters.

thotd

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf thinks back to similar discussions from previous travels.

"Riverboats and carts are both slow. We'd probably only make 15 or 16 miles a day. With some riding horses, we could go three times faster than that, and not be reduced to a walk in the foothills."

Patlin

Explorer
doghead said:
ooc: Jennileerose, sorry about the delay in responding. I saw the post but got caught up in other things.

I'm going to leave it to the characters to decide. Ashin has money for up to six. He's happy with that and is not going to commission any more. But if the characters wish to take on another and split the money, Ashin has no problem with them doing so (so long as Ros takes the truth rod test of course).

So, over to the characters.

thotd

ooc: Both Ironwolf and I would hate to turn people away if Doghead is willing to take a larger party. Unless of course Ros prefers to follow Vanitri?

B4cchus

Explorer
"I agree with you Ironwolf, riding horses seem the quickest way to go at it. Riding in the hills and mountains around Duvik also seems better with a horse. We can rise south of the big lake to avoid Fallon, although i wouldn't mind going through there to get an idea of thier current state of mind, be it war or any other."

ooc: the more the merrier i say!

Jennileerose

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Both Ironwolf and I would hate to turn people away if Doghead is willing to take a larger party. Unless of course Ros prefers to follow Vanitri?

((OOC: No she doesn't want to follow Van this time, she wants to hang with Michael and Ironwolfe this time around. My job stuff is changing again (such is the crappy life of an industry temp) so I'm moving to hours in the afternoon/evening (2nd shift) so I'll try to post/keep up in the mornings.))

Rosalynn listens carefully to everything, but is hesitant to say anything yet, looking to Michael and see what he's thinking. There's something weighing on her mind, and with this situation, she's thinking she may find some answers.

((OOC: all that means is I'm considering her taking a level of cleric next level...don't mind it too much, it's from the last adventure...some Michael and Ros backstory.))

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We would prefer to avoid this...river...if it is possible."

(OOC: Hmm...Hulgyr's pretty loquacious and well-spoken for Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 6, no?)

Xael

First Post
Almayce chuckles slightly when he remembers the thing that dwelt in the river earlier, before he and his earlier companions killed it.

"I have a horse, so I would be more comfortable with the road route.", he says to others.

Almayce has on objections about having a larger group.

OOC: Skeleton Horses... Carriage... Must... Resist...

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Contrary to Rystil's prediction, it seems the majority wants to go overland. :)

"If we take horses, rather than a carriage, we could leave the road a long way before Fallon. I doubt we'll have trouble finding that big lake even without a trail."

ooc: Personally, I play Ironwolf's low charisma by having him be somewhat more plainspoken than his high wisdom would suggest. Which is to say, he's very blunt and doesn't give a darn who his opinions upset. :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
ooc: Contrary to Rystil's prediction, it seems the majority wants to go overland.
(OOC: Yay! Zaeryl's host is afraid of large gatherings of water like that)

ooc: Personally, I play Ironwolf's low charisma by having him be somewhat more plainspoken than his high wisdom would suggest. Which is to say, he's very blunt and doesn't give a darn who his opinions upset.

(OOC: Heh, so does Zaeryl, with his 6 Cha and 13 Wis. Then again, even Ironwolf decided that Zaeryl was going too far, although, Hulgyr is rather deluded if thinks that his counterexample proves that orcs aren't "Often Chaotic Evil". It's more that I would expect someone with those mental stats to talk more like Fang, the orc character from Festival of Halina.)

Remove ads