• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

doghead

thotd
--- THE SCRIBE'S HOUSE ---
--- THE GROUND FLOOR ---

Richard moves slowly around the room, relying more on memory than sight. Crounching by the body infront of the hearth, he discovers Ignatious's brother. The man appears to be sleeping easily. Richard feels a cold draft against his face. The back door is slightly ajar.

Ridik moves alittle more easily around the room. He picks his way through the room to the door leading to the front office. It's closed.

--- THE SECOND FLOOR ---

ao'Thuir works his way slowly through the work room. It is full of dark shapes and even darker shadows. But there doesn't appear to be anything there except for the same tall work benches and stools that were there when everyone went to bed. The ghost tribe barbarian gets no response to his hail.

Lucian begins to slowly expand his search for blood. He finds another drop at the landing leading down to the ground floor.

--- THE THIRD FLOOR ---

Gardner and Rinya withdraw to the secret room and take up positions to ensure no one makes a move on the chest.

[sblock=ooc]Apologies for the delay in getting up a response. Things are still a little errratic at this end. Three times I've logged in and each time I had to bail before getting the post written.[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard stirs the embers of the fire back to life and continues to look for a way to shed some light.

[SBLOCK=doghead]
Richard Rawen said:
. . .
Richard moves towards the fireplace and looks for a lantern, or at least a large enough brand to act as a torch.
That's how I finished my last post. Just a little miscommunication there, but I wanted to look for a light source, could you please edit my actions in your post? =-)
[/SBLOCK]

Dungannon

First Post
Acting on instinct, Lucien follows the blood trail down to the ground floor and begins searching again for traces of the intruder.

doghead

thotd
--- THE SCRIBE'S HOUSE ---
--- THE THIRD FLOOR ---

Everything is quiet.

--- THE SECOND FLOOR ---

ao'Thuir gives the room one last look. It appears to be quiet. Except for the two bedrooms, there are no other rooms on this floor. There are stairs from the workshop down to the first floor store front at the front of the building. As for the bedrooms, Heather (assumedly) is in one, the children are likewise still in the other.

Ignatious remains pressed up against a wall, as if unwilling to expose his back.

--- THE FIRST FLOOR ---

Ridik checks the door separating the two halves of the house. The door appears to be latched closed from the kitchen side. But there is no lock on it. At least none that Richard can feel. It is too dark to be completely sure, even with his goblin eyes.

Richard stirs the fire and it comes to life somewhat, giving out a little more light. The figure in front of the fire does appear to be Ignatious's brother. Listening carefully, Richard can hear him breathing, slowly as if asleep.

Lucien appears at the bottom of the stairs, head down as if looking for something. But in the near complete darkness of the first floor, he can see almost nothing.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik try to open the door to the kitchen, remembering there is an exit that way and they person could have gone that way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads