D2: Lost Manor (nimisgod judging)

Velmont

First Post
"I agree, taking risk in teh state we are isn't very wise and we have two companion that are in bad shape and some rest for them will be more than welcomed and we will eb able to think about what to do with that chest. I could see if there is any magical traps with some gift of Russna... wait a second, what do you mean by 'not at all'. Do you mean that a guy like you will be stop by a grandma? Now you impress me. I would have thought you more willing that that. What have made you changed you mind? I must confess Ignatious' grandma is no the kind of grandma I would like to have but still... are you sure of you?"

doghead

thotd
"Is everything all right up .... oh dear. Russna preserve us."

Ignatious appears at the door to Grandma's chamber. His question tails off as he sees the bloodied bodies of Gardner and Rinya, and the blood splattered room and clothes of the others.

Heather appears at the door behind Ignatious. She pales, then begins to scream.

[SBLOCK=HO]Huge, sorry to hear it. Unless its necessary to get hedron out asap, I can organise a more graceful departure for your character if you wish, perhaps with a little gold in his pouch as well. A message from family or tribe, a call for help that can't be ignored. If you won't be around, I can NPC Hedron until he can exit stage left.

I'll make a note of Hedron's final XP allocation for this encounter in the first post, in case you ever get back to play him again.

Of course, there is a certain gritty appeal to the idea of a crisis of confidence. The adventure is less than a day old and alread Hedron has been seriously wounded and seen two of his companions brough close to oblivion. Reason enough to reconsider the wisdom of continuing I think.

Anyway, let me know how you want to handle it. You have my email, doghead@home.net, except that netscape is home for this little black dog.

thotd[/SBLOCK]

Richard Rawen

First Post
HugeOgre said:
ooc: Due to circumstances largely beyond my control, it is going to be necessary for me to leave the party, and the game. I do appreciate the story that doghead and the rest of you have been crafting.

OOC: Sorry to see ya go Hedron, may the road always rise to meet your feet and the sun always shine upon your path.

HugeOgre said:
"I agree, it may be just paper, but I am not prepared to risk it. In fact" he continued, rubbing the still burnt portions of his skin, "I am not prepared to go on at all."

Richard raises an eyebrow then clasps Hedron roughly on the shoulder. He says nothing, just looks him in the eye and nods slightly.

And then the woman's scream echo's off the closed confines of the crowded room...

Richard winces at the noise and moves to ensure the womand doesn't tumble down the stairs in a faint. As he moves past Hedron he grunts out, "you might have the right idea."

Salix

First Post
HO said:
ooc: Due to circumstances largely beyond my control, it is going to be necessary for me to leave the party, and the game. I do appreciate the story that doghead and the rest of you have been crafting.

OOC 1: HO: Sorry to see you go, but real life trumps games. Best of luck, it's been fun playing with you.

OOC 2:doghead: I'll be out of town Sunday through Wednesday. Most likely I won't have internet access.

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien watches Ignatius and his relative enter the room with mildy cynical amusement. "It's safe now, nothing here will harm you. Unless grandmama has any more as yet undiscovered surprises for us."

HugeOgre

First Post
[sblock=doghead]I tried to send email but it bounced both times. :( anyway, I'll be on the boards for a bit longer, so I should be able to handle extracating myself from the game. Let me know what the XP totals were, and I'll be sure to clean up after myself.
[/sblock]

Hedron listened to the screaming, and took the opportunity to make a few more steps toward the door.

I wonder if any more explanation is needed

With each step and the preoccupation of the others Hedron made his way for the door, eager to get away from the blood that was here.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik try to calm Heather. "All is safe now, as Lucien told. Anyway, all that happen up to now have been triggered traps, which mean as long as with stop to mess with the Grandma's things, there will be nothing bad happening. So I suggest everyone not to touch grandma's possession for now. Now, let take Gardener and Rinya somewhere more confortable. Ignatious, is teher a place where we can put them for the moment? ao'Thuir, let grabs Rinya with Lucien. I'll take Gardener with Richard and... and, where is Hedron? Has he already left?"

HugeOgre

First Post
Hewj grimaced as he heard his alias being called for from the room near the secret area. As carefully as he could he ducked his longspear down to avoid hitting any of the walls or ceiling, and quietly tried to tiptoe out of the house.

ooc: freaking figures the one time it REALLY doesnt matter and I roll a 20. *sigh* Ill take it as a sign Im supposed to sneak away.

doghead

thotd
--- The Third Floor ---

Heather's scream goes on and on, despite the efforts to calm her down.

In the confusion, Hedron slips out of the Grandma's private chamber and downstairs unnoticed by his companions. Behind him he hears Ridik trying to both calm Heather and ensure that Gardner and Rinya are looked after.

Gradually things on the third floor return to some sort of order. Blankets and cushions are taken from the bed for the two wounded members of the group. Heather is lead back into the living room at the top of the stairs, from where she cannot see the bodies. Ignatious can be trying to calm her. She has stopped screaming, but is still hysterical.

Gardner and Rinya have both stopped bleeding all over the floor.

Remove ads