• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Apocalypse] Recruiting Closed

Willette

First Post
So, how basic are we looking for on equipment? I'm a little unsure on that. Like would fleshing him out with a bookbag and maybe 1 day worth of food (i.e. his lunch bag or whatever for the day) be ok or should i just wait till it starts and search his fathers truck or whatever they hauled the crops in. As a few more basic items would be good but i figure if he searches the truck he'll be fine till he returns to his house and can get electronics kit, etc. His class basics essentially. With no real defined limit i'm a little lost :p haha

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Most characters will start with pretty much nothing but the shirts off their backs. Think of it this way, unless you would normally be walking around with it as part of your occupation, you don't have it. Things like a pocket knife, a backpack, a lunchbox, and so forth are all reasonable. And plenty of people will have cell phones and laptops, they just won't be any good for anything besides playing Bejeweled (until the battery runs out that is). As a rural character you actually have an advantage in that your home isn't likely to be included in the immediate blast radius and shouldn't be blown to cinders. So you can go back there, stock up on canned goods, get weapons, etc. Make sense?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I'd like to request that everyone use this character sheet when posting their characters to keep things uniform and easy for me to find. Willette, I think you did that, but the formatting is messed up a little bit and it is hard for me to read your skills. If you could clean it up, I would appreciate it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The concept behind the Helix Warrior is a character who has undergone advanced genetic manipulation and gene therapy. As such, this technology is beyond PL 5 so your character would likely be part of a top secret "super soldier" program (such programs have access to some futuristic tech). You would likely have to choose a military background since at this point, only the government would be able to afford such a program. In addition, because this technology is in its infancy, every time you wanted to take a new level in this class, it would require gathering enough supplies from a top secret government facility (you would know the location of at least one) to administer a treatment. I am willing to allow the class with those caveats.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Thanks,

already intended him to have military background (for the personal firearms prof.) so this is not a problem. What I'm going off of is the srd so I didn't know the fluff. I have no problem with those restrictions and the genetic manipulation not be physicaly noticable.

Would the level ups require a skill check?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Thanks,

already intended him to have military background (for the personal firearms prof.) so this is not a problem. What I'm going off of is the srd so I didn't know the fluff. I have no problem with those restrictions and the genetic manipulation not be physicaly noticable.

Would the level ups require a skill check?

The genetic enhancement isn't physically noticeable to the extent that you simple look more and more "ideal" as the treatments continue.

The treatments for a level up would require a simple DC 15 Treat Injury check to administer the treatment. You can take 10, but not 20, and it can be self-administered. If there is a doctor on the team, it would basically be automatic.

edit: I thought I would note that I don't treat most advanced classes this way. In general, you just need to fulfill the prerequisites. The only reason I'm treating the helix warrior like this is because it relies on advanced technology that is beyond the general Progress Level of planet earth at the time of the campaign (PL 5; the helix warrior to me is at least PL 6).

Last edited:

failedreality

First Post
Tom Buckner
** This might not be 100% complete since I'm new to putting together d20 characters. **

[sblock]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Tom Buckner
[B]Class:[/B] Fast Hero
[B]Race:[/B] Human 
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] 
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (XXp.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] ??
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (XXp.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +X         [B]HP:[/B] 23
[B]Con:[/B] 15 +2 (XXp.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (XXp.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (XXp.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 09 +0 (XXp.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    +X    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 16              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      1    +2          +X   3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2          +2   6
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +X          +X   1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]

[B]Languages:[/B] English

[B]Abilities:[/B] Evasion, Opportunist

Investigative (starting occupation)

Computer Use
      Investigate

[B]Feats:[/B] 
    Alertness    
          Endurance    
          Lightning Reflexes    
          Simple Weapon Proficiency    [free]
          Track    
          Personal Firearms Proficiency

[B]Skill Points:[/B] XX       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] X/X
[B]Skills                   Ranks      Mod     Misc  Total[/B]
Balance                             +2        2
Climb               1    +2        3
Computer Use             4            4            
Concentration          2            2                           
Drive                       2            2
Escape Artist           2            2
Gather Information       1    -1        0
Hide               2    +2        4
Intimidate          -1    +2        2
Investigate        6            6
Jump               2            2
Knowledge (civics)       1            1
Listen              1    +2        3
Move Silently       2    +4        4
Research           1            1
Ride                2            2
Spot                2            2
Swim                2            2

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Clothes (Jeans, Shoes, T-shirt, Sweatshirt)       3lb
Windbreaker                    1lb
Contractors Field Bag                2lb
Digital Camera (in bag)                0.5lb
Cell Phone                    -- --
Notebook Computer (in bag)            5lb
Portable Video Camera (in bag)            2lb
Cellular Interceptor (in bag)            0.5lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]13.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               58   59-116   117-175   175 350  875

[B]Age:[/B] 26
[B]Height:[/B] 6'01"
[B]Weight:[/B] 220lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Light

[B]Appearance:[/B] 
In very decent shape, Tom stands at 6'1".  His blonde hair is cut so the wind will not blow it out of shape, almost a military cut. His blonde goatee
hides his chiseled chin and his blue eyes glow in the sun.

[B]Background:[/B] 
Tom grew up being very active and played most sports in high school and college.  But He didn't want to be one of those career athlete types.
He loved his academics.  He majored in Criminal Law and started to pursue a career with the local or state police.  Being a skilled athlete
and an academic, Tom for some reason or another just could not pass all the entrance exams to join the force.  Military was not an option, so
using the schooling he received, he decided to open up his own Private Investigation firm.  This way Tom could still help those in need 
and help out the citizens of Chicago and occasionally the local Police Sargent with a cold case.
[/sblock]
airwalkrr - Let me know what I need to adjust, etc.
** p.s. i cannot get the skill block to look all pretty, if anyone has any pointers to make this look better I'm all for the suggestions.. thanks

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Failedreality, about the skill box the only thing i could say to you is make sure that you are writing in arial font not Veranda

about Tom, I like him already :)

Theroc

First Post
Not sure if this will help or not, but if you can, make alterations to those sheets IN notepad. If it looks 'right' in Notepad, it generally translates properly onto the forum if you haven't played with settings.

If you then try to edit stuff INTO the forum entries, it will get very whacked out, or so I've noticed.

Remove ads