D20 apocalypse

Roudi

First Post
The same company that puts out Darwin's World 2 (RPGObjects) also put out Blood & Circuits, which has a really comprehensive invention system. Combining the two might be a worthwhile endeavour (wink wink nudge nudge, Vigilance)

Emiricol

Roudi said:
The same company that puts out Darwin's World 2 (RPGObjects) also put out Blood & Circuits, which has a really comprehensive invention system. Combining the two might be a worthwhile endeavour (wink wink nudge nudge, Vigilance)

Ooh nice idea! I'd buy it. Maybe they could do something along the lines of Wasteland Fury / Blood & Fists...

Last edited:

ogre

First Post
Von Ether said:
Personally, I'm looking at d20 Apoc as a add on for d20 Future, especially since I heard the mutations were going to be new, not repeats.

Ahhh new mutations would be excellent! Maybe even a base system where other mutations could be built off of and not something rigid, but more with the D20 modular theme.

Von Ether

Legend
ogre said:
Ahhh new mutations would be excellent! Maybe even a base system where other mutations could be built off of and not something rigid, but more with the D20 modular theme.
That would be cool. On the other hand, I do like the ease of the current system in d20 Future. I used to be miffed that the Moreaus weren't SRDed until the mutation system came out.

Thomas5251212

First Post
I'm quite interested in it personally; I own DW, but some of the assumptions in it (both mechanical and setting-wise) didn't do it for me, and I'd prefer to use the more generalized D20 Modern classes as core classes anyway.

C. Baize

First Post
Have you checked out DW2, then? It's built on D20 Modern with the Modern Base Classes, and all.
Plus it just generally kicks all kinds of butt over the original DW, which is still a fine product.

Thomas5251212

First Post
C. Baize said:
Have you checked out DW2, then? It's built on D20 Modern with the Modern Base Classes, and all.
Plus it just generally kicks all kinds of butt over the original DW, which is still a fine product.

Unfortunately, I don't feel like buying it to find out if they fixed the other things that annoyed me about it (especially since one of them was a setting bit).

Emiricol

Thomas5251212 said:
Unfortunately, I don't feel like buying it to find out if they fixed the other things that annoyed me about it (especially since one of them was a setting bit).

It is still set centuries after the fall. But, it is now just a 378 page D20M expansion. And they did away with the mutant generations (gen 1, 2 and 3). Mechanically, it *is* just D20M now. But if you disliked the theme before you probably won't like it any more now than you did then.

Thomas5251212

First Post
Emiricol said:
It is still set centuries after the fall. But, it is now just a 378 page D20M expansion. And they did away with the mutant generations (gen 1, 2 and 3). Mechanically, it *is* just D20M now. But if you disliked the theme before you probably won't like it any more now than you did then.

I don't hate the theme, per se, but the water trading bit just broke my suspension of disbelief into pieces.

In addition, I really didn't like the one point attribute bonuses; I'm right with the original designers in believing that's an invitation to get something for nothing.

Remove ads