[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Diego shook his head, not negatively although onlookers probably assumed it was so, but to get a better view of the corners of the room.

"What about my past?" he said in a rough, almost grim voice. He assumed the "government" knew who they were dealing with well enough to know that he is wanted.

Diego leaned forward slightly, more than ready to dart out of the room, through a window, and into the wilderness. He was not about to go to jail.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ming was about to say something, but upon hearing the man's question, he pondered his own past too. After all he was the son of a dead criminal mastermind, not the best of records for anyone. He remained silent, waiting for the events to unfold. As his master said "There is a time for everything, only fools hurry time, a Wiseman always waits."

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny is about to get excited over being offered a job that pays 'quite well' when he hears Diego's question about whether Diego's past will effect his eligibility for employment with DAS. Rodny reflects to his own checkered past. Pranks in High School including the fight with the football team member that got Rodny suspended for a week, and the defiance of school dress code that nearly got him expelled. And then there was the 3 times he was arrested for public drunkenness on the college campus.

Rodny sat quietly wondering if he should or should not mention these incidents.

(OOC: Obviously, Rodny is too naive to know how small these incidences are compared to the crimes he could have committed. He doesn't know enough to know how little he knows about some subjects.)

VanorDM

Explorer
Your past? Frankly your past is completely irrelevant, only what you do from this point on maters to us in the least. You must understand just how rare an Aware person is. Perhaps 1 tenth of 1 percent of the population really know what's going on in the world around them.

So when we find people who are Aware, we really don't care about what their life was before then. In fact it's not uncommon for someone to be 'scared straight' as it were when they become Aware.

Also many of the things you'll be doing for us are not legal. You will at times be expected to bend and even out and out break the law to get the job done. Most governments don't have a legal distinction between Vampire, Troll and normal human. So if we send you out to stop a troll you will very likely be committing murder from a legal standpoint.

If this is an issue for any of you, we can either find some other line of work within the DAS, or you are free to refuse our offer and go on about your life as you please.

But understand, the fact that you are here means the job offer is on the table already, this isn't an interview, this is a introduction briefing and offer.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny listens to her latest statement and thinks about it for a moment before saying, "If even half the mysticism concerning these creatures is true, they need to be stopped. And since I can't un-learn what I know, I might as well try to help. I'm in."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Diego shrugs then nods. What did he care? It wasn't the first death he has caused. So far, there was no downside to the proposal. Decent money, doing things he was good at already, maybe even a form of redemption.

Diego takes a moment and sized up the other two men. The big chinese man appeared as though he could handle himself rather easily, but the American... well he seemed to of had others things to do than martial training.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If I understand you correctly, you mean I can legally slice things open with my sword and get paid for doing so? I am tempted to agree with the young man here, but I would much like to see evidence of what you speak of. Show me a troll, for example." defies the Chinese.

VanorDM

Explorer
Ms. Johnson smiles and seems to laugh softly.

We don't have any trolls here, I'm quite happy to say. Trolls are creatures of extreme destruction and chaos, there is no way to safely house a troll.

So no I'm sorry but I have no way of fulfilling that request. I can however provide a small demonstration.

Ms Johnson stands up and begins to chant softly and makes some sort of gesture then a ball of flame appears floating just above her hand. The flame starts off as a normal red-orange flame, then shifts to blue, green, purple and finally red-orange again.

She glaces at all of you then snaps her fingers and the ball dissipates.

Granted that is something that can be done with illusion and other forms of trickery, but it should at least give you some idea of whom you're dealing with.

Now for the other questions we have a small task that needs to be done, it should settle any questions you have about what working for us entails. Our offer is for you to do this one task and then afterward make your final decision if this is something you are interested in or not.

She sits back down and awaits your answer.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny thinks for only a few moments before answering. "Kind of a test, of us, and of you. To see if we can work with each other and with you. I'm good with that."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Diego sits in the chair emotionless. His face seemed to be carved out of stone, although his eyes betrayed that his mind was racing. So many ideas had came to his mind, of adventure, excitement, even redemption. One word that the attractive lady said kept ringing through his mind: Destruction. He was good at that. She was speaking of some monster, but Diego could clearly relate himself to a beast.

"I'm in."

Remove ads