d20 Modern: Fallout

perrinmiller

Adventurer
WD; You didn't actually take any actions. We are still waiting on you, unless you stood there in the original starting spot and are shouting to the rest of us.

Felix1459

First Post
Question about the map. What are the "0"? And where ate the doors to these buildings or are the walls broken enough that we don't need to know? Also, what was the terrain like to the left of Chase when he was out in front of the building? Is it rough? Also it is nighttime right? How good is the visibility? Just asking because I need to know some of the answers to see of Chase will run through the building, out it's west side and move silently/ Jose his way over to the other building. If there isn't enough cover or there's too much light he won't even attemp it.

possum

First Post
The ()s are trees that you can use to take cover if you decide to charge the house, if you so choose to.

The door of the house you're in is destroyed, and represented by the difficult terrain in S6. The door in the Raider house is H7.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Rolling the Initiative checks ahead of time means we don't have to wait 24-36 hours for them to be done by everyone after the GM calls for them. So go ahead and roll them now. :p

I agree on Spot and Listen as well. Unless a character is actively using the skill, I think the rolls are supposed to be rolled by the GM/DM anyway so the player has no OOC knowledge that something was able to be spotted or heard. But if they are actively using the skill, they are rolling the dice in their post at that time so the game isn't being slowed down.

I have known PbP GMs that store those pre-rolls as well.

I am all for saving time to keep things moving along. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
I thought Initiative similar to the 'perception' checks. When the DM makes the combat entrance post, instead of asking for Initiative rolls, it is fastest he rolls himself and simply states whose turns it is before the 'monster' attacks. You don't roll on you own initiative ;)

Alas, I will add some Initiative rolls to this post.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
That's what I do for games I DM. Even roll saves too unless the player has to post anyway.

I am giving VV's method of only using one Initiative roll for each side and resolving results in posted order. Particularly with games that have 5+ players, I think that is the way to go. You can give the players 2-3 days to post as a group, then NPC the ones lagging when you update. I think it will help keep things on track for 2-3 rounds of combat per week, rather than waiting 2-3 days per player.

Remove ads