• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern: Over the Edge

Mickerus

First Post
When the fight begins, it quickly becomes apparent that Emembolu is much more skilled than Cyrus in addition to being more imposing. Some people in the crowd occasionally throw money into the ring, which both fighters manage to ignore. Cyrus is much tougher than he looks. He eventually falls first, however. Knowing that he's easily outmatched, and not being interested in getting injured, he stays down.

Watching the Nigerian fight, Shaun realises that he's obviously had some training; his movements are quick and efficient, and he doesn't hesitate to aim his strikes for where they'll count the most. Fighting him would make for a pretty tough match, though close examination shows that he's actually not too hard to predict; avoiding his moves would be the hard part.

After Emembolu is declared the victor, he offers a hand to help Cyrus up, who leaves the ring and after a brief examination from the medic heads backstage. Emembolu leaves as well, but not before picking up the cash that had been flung into the ring.

Frank Germaine again takes the stage and calls for a round of applause before announcing that the next two fighters would be up after a brief break.

As Richard watches the crowd, he often catches himself looking back to the pair of Glorious Lords. Interestingly enough, at Germaine's announcement that the next pair would be out soon, Slag sticks a thumb towards the ring and nudges Blondie in the ribs with an elbow, who merely nods in response.

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post, been busy and kept getting held up whenever I started this...

Jarval

Explorer
Shaun applauds at the end of the fight, throwing a couple of dollars into the ring for Emembolu.

Good fight. Maybe I'll look for other places to earn my keep, though. He heads back to the bar briefly to get another beer, before returning to the ring side.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Richard gives an looks at the lucies, and frowns. He finds Major and mutters to him, "I know this goes without saying, but watch the Lords. I've got a bad feeling about them. It might just be the man their fielding but..." he shrugs. "Speaking of which, know anything about him? Their man, I mean."

ErichDragon

First Post
Luccia shakes her head a bit as her fighter goes down and stays there.

Lucky cheers loudly as his fighter emerges victorious. Reaching into his wallet, he throws a generous amount of cash into the ring.

He then sits back down and addresses Luccia, "Well it looks like you owe me.....Hey, we never did set an amount did we? Well let's just say you owe me one then."

"Care to make another? Loser picks first. This time let's make it a little more interesting."

Orochi

First Post
Luccia laughs a little, a hint of nervousness in her voice. She knows, after all, that this is a professional gambler she's betting against, one who's certainly done more fight betting than she's even considered. Still, as long as things stayed friendly.

"Okay, but I reserve veto powers. Some things just aren't up fro grabs Lucky. You'll just have to figure out what they are."

Already feeling her drink a little, she gives him a wink and sits back in her chair.

"Now, just what do you have in mind?"

ErichDragon

First Post
OOC: I am sorry, but due to a new job and it's long hours I will not be able to participate in the game any longer. I was really looking forward to where it was going and I hope you all have fun.

Jarval

Explorer
OOC: Mickerus hasn't posted since 27-07-03 (in English, just over a month), so I'm not sure if he's still around. I'd like to carry on this game if his is, so it might be worth sending him an e-mail.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads